Ephraim, UT

harkinoff

something to do...
Any of you done any wheelin down there? A buddy of mine just moved down there to the mouth of the canyon.. He said he sees buggies and four wheel drives constantly going by his house or in town.. He hasn't done any wheelin there yet, but has had his quad everywhere out there, trails everwhere.. He was wondering if he is missing something, why all the four wheel drive traffic? is there a spot that he is missing or is it just a nice place to get away and get out of the heat spot?

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
There is a 4WD club in Ephraim. There is a killer trail down in those parts, on private land. It's by invite only for now, so I'm not at liberty to say where it's at. ;)

Tell him to hook up with the locals and they'll show him

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
Hmm, sounds like there is some backchannel trail runnin' conspirin'!

So, who do I have to buy beer to check out this trail? :D

Cody

Nixter

on the road again...
I know a few people that are going tomorrow..... I think they called it hanging tree. Not sure though, as for where I have no idea. And if I did I'm not telling..... -_- :cool:

jp008

Hickey said:
Bwahaaa!Nice avatar and sig! :rofl:

clapping.gif

I'm glad to see that pic got put to good use.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
If they show me their Ephraim trails, I'll show'm our Price trails. ;)

We got one that that would put Coyote to shame. :D

harkinoff

something to do...
I guess my buddy has already mingled with some locals... I'll find out more soon when I go down there next week..

Last edited:

sibeta

Cody said:
Hmm, sounds like there is some backchannel trail runnin' conspirin'!

So, who do I have to buy beer to check out this trail? :D

Cody

You all need to talk to Team Fred on here. He has run the trails there quite a few times and knows his way around very well in Ephraim.

R

rockdog

trail

muleskinner said:
One of the best trails in Utah IMO. :cool:

In the water!! Great trail. Not that hard, but slippery and fun. Locked gate, so you've got to know the right people.

hawkeye

muleskinner said:
One of the best trails in Utah IMO. :cool:
I agree, we went yesterday and had a great time. One of the guys that went with us rolled on the last obstacle. A fun time, get hooked up with someone who has access.

muleskinner

rockdog said:
In the water!! Great trail. Not that hard, but slippery and fun. Locked gate, so you've got to know the right people.

Yep, nice and cool, shade most of the day. Not super difficult but a lotta fun.

Nixter

on the road again...
Herzog said:
If they show me their Ephraim trails, I'll show'm our Price trails. ;)

We got one that that would put Coyote to shame. :D

Speaking of Price trails.....do you have any info on the event/rally on the 14th of August? I heard something like a 4x4 show, rockcrawl, mud mog, etc....

Nixter

on the road again...
hawkeye said:
I agree, we went yesterday and had a great time. One of the guys that went with us rolled on the last obstacle. A fun time, get hooked up with someone who has access.

Who did you go with? I know some people who went on Saturday......

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Nixter said:
Speaking of Price trails.....do you have any info on the event/rally on the 14th of August? I heard something like a 4x4 show, rockcrawl, mud mog, etc....

I don't really have any info about it, but I've heard about it. It's being put on by a local club called King Crawlers. I don't know much of anything else about them except that they are mostly fullsize blazer guys.

If there is an event like this, it will most likely be at the Price City Fair Grounds or around that area. I'll see if I can get more info.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Nixter said:
I know a few people that are going tomorrow..... I think they called it hanging tree. Not sure though, as for where I have no idea. And if I did I'm not telling..... -_- :cool:

Im a newbie on this board, so If you've been on the Hang'n Tree trail, Ive likely met you and dont know you by user name. I have chatted with harken on this subject on Pirate bb. this is my first post here.

Im from Ephraim, we arent really a 4x4 club, just a bunch of guys that have wheeled with each other for over a decade, mostly in moab and cedar city. we have spent the past three years building the hanging tree trail, and yes it is on private property. we secured permission a few years ago to run this trail and it crosses over three land owners properties. and we have struggled to keep permission on all three lands. The trail is gated now at both the top and the bottom of the trail. We lost permission to the top gate because during the hunting season last year, someone in a Jeep was caught ripping the gate down (likely a Hunter). so now when you get to the top of the trail you have to go back down the way you came. We dont dare bring new wheelers on the trail until we know we are not going to lose access for good. wish I could bring all of you up there, Its an awesome trail, a few of us are working on buying some land up there and trying to make the trail permanent.

Last edited:

harkinoff

something to do...
rockreligious said:
Im a newbie on this board, so If you've been on the Hang'n Tree trail, Ive likely met you and dont know you by user name. I have chatted with harken on this subject on Pirate bb. this is my first post here.

Im from Ephraim, we arent really a 4x4 club, just a bunch of guys that have wheeled with each other for over a decade, mostly in moab and cedar city. we have spent the past three years building the hanging tree trail, and yes it is on private property. we secured permission a few years ago to run this trail and it crosses over three land owners properties. and we have struggled to keep permission on all three lands. The trail is gated now at both the top and the bottom of the trail. We lost permission to the top gate because during the hunting season last year, someone in a Jeep was caught ripping the gate down (likely a Hunter). so now when you get to the top of the trail you have to go back down the way you came. Our group did this trail last weekend, but we are nervous about bringing new wheelers on the trail until we know we are not going to lose access. wish I could bring all of you up there, Its an awesome trail, a few of us are working on buying some land up there and trying to make the trail permanent.

Yes, the top gate is closed :sick: You guys must of got out before us since your rigs were gone when we came out... We met up a couple of jeeps and a crippled willys wagon when we were going up. The rain storm was wicked up there :eek: They soon had choppers flying up there putting out a fire when we were trying to get out about 8:30 p.m. P.M'd you

Last edited: