Favorite barbeque sauce?

airmanwilliams

What is your favorite barbeque sauce?

I normally coat my ribs in yellow mustard and Grill Mates Applewood Rub and then after 3-4 hours I put them on the barbeque grill for 30 minutes with Kraft Thick and Spicy Brown Sugar Sauce. I have a few coworkers that have been paying me to smoke some ribs for them and so I would like to offer a few different sauces as choices if I find some I like.

Anyone tried the Sticky Fingers sauces?

moab_cj5

Supporting Member
I like Hog Wild BBQ sauce. It is a resturant in Kansas. I have freinds bring me more when they come out to visit. I also like Sweet Baby Ray's.

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
Good meat doesn't need sauce. I enjoy good BBQ and I enjoy mine the most, I only use dry rubs that I put together. On a rare occasion I may use a little Sweat Baby Ray's. But its very rare.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
You would be amazed how many restaurants use Kraft BBQ sauce as a base and then mix it into their house sauce... like big BBQ joints. If your ready to buy bulk sauce, like 50+ gallons per month... my wife works for Krafts food service division and can sign you up :D

Johnny Quest

Web Wheeler
not necessarily a bbq sauce, but rather a grilling sauce i like to use is stonewall kitchen's maple chipotle. good on pretty much anything. bought it at harmons.

airmanwilliams

You would be amazed how many restaurants use Kraft BBQ sauce as a base and then mix it into their house sauce... like big BBQ joints. If your ready to buy bulk sauce, like 50+ gallons per month... my wife works for Krafts food service division and can sign you up :D

haha I only go through maybe 2 bottles a week, dont think I am quite ready for a 50 gallon drum but thank you. ;)

YOUKNOW

R

rockdog

I take my BBQ pretty seriously, and this is about the best sauce I have found.

http://www.hogsnheat.com/HogsNHeatCompetitionBBQSauce.html

I usually order about $200 worth of their rub and sauce every year, in bulk.

I actually came real close to duplicating their recipe, but I can't buy the ingredients as cheap as they sell the product.

Skinner, how much is a gallon bottle? And what is the price of their dry rub? Might have to try this stuff.:D

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
"Rudy's Barbecue Sause" from Texas
A non-sweet sauce with prominent black pepper flavor
I have a recipe that is a near perfect clone

SLC97SR5

IDIesel
Here is a recipe I picked up while in Eastern NC, it is very thin and well suited to shredded pork or chicken.

1 cup white vinegar
1 cup cider vinegar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper and/or red pepper flakes
1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
For the hot sauce I prefer none other than Texas Pete. Tabasco is OK but it doesn't have the richness of Tejas.
Refrigerate for a couple days to let everyone get to know each other.