Fence Install

cja89

Hey guys,

We purchased a home in Springville last October and with a small kid and another on the way, we need to get a fence in or this summer is going to be a nightmare. The first thing my kid does when we get outside in the back is sprint around to the front.

Our neighbor on one side already has a chain link fence, but the other sides are old barbed wire (we are surrounded on two sides by a flag lot). I'm thinking of doing 6 foot wood on the one side and for the fronts (62 feet total) and then chain link along the back (88 feet). I'd want a walk through gate on each side of the front as well.

I'm considering doing it myself as I'm fairly handy, but it's a pretty big project and I can see it taking hours and days of time and it might be worth having someone else do it.

Does anyone have any companies they'd recommend if I end up having someone else do it? Or does anyone have experience doing it themselves and gave give any pointers on best place for materials or tips on the install itself?

-Casey

Brad J

I would recommend skipping the wood and install a vinyl fence instead. They look better, last longer, require no maintenance and offer privacy. We had a back fence in and needed sides that are 60' and 70'. We got a 12' wide Drive through gate & a 4' walk through gate. I think that it was $2,700 but about half of that was for the Metal reinforced Gates and their posts installed. The fence was $12/foot 6 years ago. That was for the fence, posts and cement. Since they installed the gates and those posts I just had to run a string from corner to corner to get the height correct. I spent 5 nights after work digging the holes and cementing the posts. Putting the fence up went very fast and took only a couple nights after the cement had set up. One neighbor paid 1/2 for his side $400 & the other gave us $200 & said that he would get the rest to us after Christmas:-\ I am very glad that I did it myself because the Gate Installers never used a level and you can tell on the Gate Posts. I can't image how the rest would have turned out if they did it. We were very happy with the quality of fence that we bought from Harrington & Company in SLC (801-972-3131). I have gone back recently for a couple replacement panels due to my truck's exhaust warping a couple of panels slightly from parking up close to the fence . They still have the same panels available. I got a couple extra just in case.

Update - I found the receipt and the 12' Gate was $489 & the 4x6 Gate was $178.

Picture 001.jpgPicture 019.jpgPicture 086.jpgPicture 072.jpg

Last edited:

RogueJeepr

Here!
I've done my own fences (3 fence lines and about 1,000ft length total) and saved a bunch.
They are treated wood fences with steel poles. This way you can fix or replace fencing while keeping the steel poles.
I don't care for that weak vinyl crap.
Our last neighbor had to fix his over and over cause stupid kids would crash through it.

Dont need big tires to have fun.

Last edited: