Firebirds April 12th anyone going?

• Thread starter Deleted member 12904
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 12904

I'm thinking I am going to make this my first Bike race. Im not fast but I do enjoy competition because it makes me better. Thinking of just doing sportsman or maybe over 30 Novice?
What do you all think?
Who is going?

djgardner

I'm thinking I am going to make this my first Bike race. Im not fast but I do enjoy competition because it makes me better. Thinking of just doing sportsman or maybe over 30 Novice?
What do you all think?
Who is going?

I'LL BE THERE! Year after year, this is consistently one of my favorite races. I don't miss this one...(This one and the rhino rally are my favorite races)

It would be a great first race for you, the course isn't usually very difficult, and its a very short race (just over 65 miles this year). I brought a bunch of guys that had never raced before to it last year and they all had a blast! I'm sure you will too.

I'd skip sportsman (unless you are very very very new to riding), and do 30+ Novice. But that's just me.

D

Deleted member 12904

I'll cross my fingers and hope to join you. I don't qualify for 30+ though so is have to ride sportsman probably

Team Race? No worries about your bike being ready and fewer miles for our first race.

djgardner

I'll cross my fingers and hope to join you. I don't qualify for 30+ though so is have to ride sportsman probably

Unless you only want to do one loop (which isn't much riding) you should race the novice class...even if it's one of the displacement classes. You will have plenty of people to race in any of those classes.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have a little trip planned out to Paul Bunyans wood pile that day, and was going to be driving right through cherry creek, and along No-Name Rd.. Will I still be able to????

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I have a little trip planned out to Paul Bunyans wood pile that day, and was going to be driving right through cherry creek, and along No-Name Rd.. Will I still be able to????
You can still travel the road. They will have people at any road crossings to stop you if necessary.

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
Yes.
Well Luke, his MO is just ridding on race day only. Haha
But you'll still beat most of us lol.

Luke will be at the wedding with me, so he will miss it too. the only time Ive road since Rhino Rally was one track day and the Knolls race.. got in three hrs today of white hill single track.. I need more!

Cascadia

Undecided
I'll be there but my wife and I have one of our trail races that we put on that morning also. It's a 5k on single track that starts at 8. Hopefully I'm not too worn out and can get to the race ASAP. :confused:

rockreligious

NoEcoNaziAmmo
I'll be there but my wife and I have one of our trail races that we put on that morning also. It's a 5k on single track that starts at 8. Hopefully I'm not too worn out and can get to the race ASAP. :confused:
Thats a good day to run a 5k and race a desert race in the same day..you need one more event to make it a triathalon.