Fixed my Miller now I need a new gun for it

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
My Miller DVI welder died last week and it was a bad controller board. I didn't like the idea of shelling out $300-400 for a new board so I dug out the scope and DVM and dug into it. I spent most of my time reverse engineering the schematic but once I had it the culprit was found. It ended up being a 10 cent bypass capacitor. So now that I don't have to buy a new controller board I would like to replace the stock Miller gun and cable which is really showing its age. Does anyone have a favorite gun ? I've seen Twecos, Bernards, Radnors, and of course the stock ones. Are any of the aftermarket ones better than the stock Miller ???

SWALLDOG

Way to go on fixing it!
My buddy Nick switched his 252 from a stock Miller gun to a Miller roughneck and really likes it. It's a little bigger but more heavy duty. We have tweco classics at work and I also have one at home. They are definitely heavy duty but I think they are big and boxy. I also don't like how the nozzle fits on, it gets loose after a while and wants to hit the contactor tip. I'm actually switching to a bernard centerfire for my welder at home. I have it just need to put it on. Lol. Never used one but I like the ergonomics of the gun better than the tweco. I also like how the nozzle and contact tip fits better than the tweco setup. Just my opinion.

Probably at work under a truck

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Way to go on fixing it! I'm actually switching to a bernard centerfire for my welder at home. I have it just need to put it on. Lol. Never used one but I like the ergonomics of the gun better than the tweco. I also like how the nozzle and contact tip fits better than the tweco setup. Just my opinion.

Probably at work under a truck

It would be interesting to hear how you like the bernard, they looked like nice guns.