Frame weight

RockChucker

I'm working on my senior project up at the U this year. My team and myself are designing and building a composite motorcycle frame. The exact material hasn't been decided yet, but it will more than likely be carbon fiber. As part of the assignments that go along with the project, we need to do market research. I know lots of you guys build motorcycles like your wheelin' rigs where you'll take it down to a bare frame just because. I have no room to talk since that is what I do as well. If anyone happens to have their bike torn down to a bare frame, could you throw it on a scale and weigh it for me and let me know what material it is made of. I wouldn't hesitate to accept any sponsorship you may be willing to offer or have any contacts that we could contact for a donor bike for components to build a complete bike from our frame. Components would be fine as well.

Thanks for your help.

Dave Brimley

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I have a perfectly good 2002 YZ250 frame you can have if that helps out. The rest of the parts are gone, but a YZ would be a good, cheap base to work with.
The frame is in my garage in midvale, so I can't weigh it for you. :(

D

Deleted member 12904

What kind of motorcycle frame are you building? Dirt bike, chopper, sport bike maybe cruiser?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk