Freedom Vehicles Military Outpost

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
Okay folks, it's that time of year again and I want to personally invite you all out to take part in our biggest display of the year. This event is a favorite for many people and always a memorable time. It is loved by kids, history buffs, and especially veterans. It gives people the opportunity to come out and see a lot of equipment and vehicles up close and personal in a way that they can't anywhere else and we love to speak to the vets who were there and used this stuff back in the day. Learning, sharing, and preserving their personal experiences and stories are what it is all about. Where else can you see a WWI ambulance, a WWII DUKW, a Vietnam gun truck, and dozens of other unique historic military vehicles and equipment this close? I'd encourage anyone interested to bring their family and friends out and take part in the event. The crowds aren't quite as crazy as downtown at the Freedom Festival proper, and the activities are better! The vast majority of it is free to anyone, and all proceeds go straight back into preserving history. If anyone has time and wants to volunteer we always need people, and if you have vehicles or items you'd like to display please contact me for that too. I've attached a very small bio of the event below, and a couple pics, but I'd recommend if you have any interest to go to our website (www.freedomvehicles.org) or Facebook page (www.facebook.com/freedomvehiclesassociation/) to get the full details for all of the activities and to sign up for events. Also please feel free to message me with any questions.

For the 3rd consecutive year Freedom Vehicles Association in conjunction with the Colonial Heritage festival, Cries of Freedom, and sponsored in part by Provo’s Freedom Festival, will be providing the military vehicle and equipment display July 1st – 4th 2017 at SCERA Park in Orem Utah. Colonial Heritage Festival and Freedom Vehicles Associations’ combined interactive learning displays are the largest public U.S. History Education event in the United States. Visitors are able to come and participate in various events while they touch, see, smell and interact with the tools and equipment used to defend freedom.
Freedom Vehicles sets up a military vehicle and equipment display ranging from 1914 to present day using authentic equipment and vehicles from the time period represented. Participants can be taught about the vehicles and equipment used through interactive guided tours being taught by representatives of Freedom Vehicles or just walk through the display and see things for yourself.

Fun and educational activities for the whole family are available including but not limited too:

Boot Camp: Participants will be able to Learn how to march in formation, toss a grenade, lay land mines, and “shoot” with prop wooden guns. They will then be able to use these skills to participate in a staged skirmish on a battlefield.
Machine Gun: Graduates of Boot camp will be able to shoot a Simulated .50 Cal Machine Gun (This is a safe activity with constant supervision)
Pictures: Additionally graduates will be able to get family and graduation class pictures.
Dog Tags: Veterans, Boot Camp Graduates, and participants will be taught about the importance of Dog Tags and be able to receive their own custom made Dog Tag made on a WWII Dog Tag Machine.
Air Cannon: Book camp cadets will be able to shoot an Air Cannon: Participants will be able to shoot candy and t-shirts out of an air cannon that resembles a WWII Artillery Cannon.
Equipment Tours: The tours will be for all visitors and will consist of learning about all the vehicles displayed, all field equipment and gear, and weapons. These tours will be in varying stages depending on how in depth the visitor wish to learn. Tours will be guided and taught by well-educated representatives and members of Freedom Vehicles Association.

This year we will also have a Base Exchange (BX/PX) where we will have t-shirts, real uniforms, real helmets, stretchers, real combat boots, unit patches, uniform flags, and so much more cool stuff to outfit all who want to go to boot camp or just have some neat stuff of their own. All purchases go to help put on this and other educational events.

Thanks,
Wade
Display.jpgDukw.jpgGun Jeep.jpgReenactor.jpggatheringixlouisvilleky010.jpg

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
The event is on, and better than ever, come check it out! Today is a quiet day, best time to come just see the displays without as big of crowds and all of the activities. Monday is the last full day for activities, and Tues morning many of the vehicles will be gone to the parade and we start tearing down in the afternoon.

Here's some teasers!

image.jpegimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpegimage.jpeg

RogueJeepr

Here!
I really wanted to see this today but somehow I hurt my shoulder. So I've been trying to take it easy so I can get back to work Monday.

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk

RogueJeepr

Here!
Saw this on FB.
9bcf396622806a31c2032689f4c81029.jpg

Sent from my H1611 using Tapatalk