Garbage disposals

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Our garbage disposal under the sink is finally showing its age after 33 years of use. I have looked online and get lots of mixed reviews on the currently available models. Even the highest rated models get a fair number of bad reviews. So I thought I would ask you guys what models you have had good or bad luck with.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
I helped my neighbor put in the same Waste king one I linked, mine has been running almost 3 years and theirs about 2 without any issues. I was in about 20 years on my old disposal and it was rusting apart so that's why I went stainless.

4x4_Welder

My wife got one off Amazon that was like $60, claims to be 1.5hp but amps don't match up on that. It's been ok, I did have to make fittings to get it installed but it's been hanging there a year now without any issues.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
My new one was significantly larger, however I didn't have to redo any of the drain for it to work. Most of the mass was below where the drain attached.

Jay5.9L

...I just filled the cup.
Home Depo Badger replacement has been running strong for a few years now. It replaced the builder badger that lasted 5-7 years and finally started to rust out. I think it’s my fault since I chewed up a lot of ice cubes as maintenance (clean the blades and dislodge old food etc). So don’t feed it ice too much!

Last edited: