Get to join the cool kids again...

Caleb

Went and put a down on a new bike this morning. 2015 Husqvarna FE501. They don't have a definitive date on the arrival, but it's already ordered, they are thinking a couple months though before it arrives :( Good times! :greg:

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Saturday I bought a pair of WR's a 250 for my son and a 450 for me. Sunday we went out to 5 mile and tore it up :) Today, I wish it was last Sunday again.. hehehehe

Caleb

Saturday I bought a pair of WR's a 250 for my son and a 450 for me. Sunday we went out to 5 mile and tore it up :) Today, I wish it was last Sunday again.. hehehehe

:cool: We'll have to ride.

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en_gb/enduro/fe-501.html

No stock kick starter??
What do you do when your valves get worn, and your battery dies from cranking????

Blame myself for not maintaining my bike...and then push it out.

I can add a kick starter if I really want to, but I never even kicked my last bike so I'll save that "insurance" money for something else for the bike :)

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Congrats! I'm jealous I've been drooling over the FE501 since they came out. I'd love to get the S model.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Caleb

Awesome choice! Hopefully I can get in a ride with you before you sell this one

Correct me if I'm wrong but I did have a bike for several years while some unnamed person thought it would be cool to blow up their bike. :D

Congrats! I'm jealous I've been drooling over the FE501 since they came out. I'd love to get the S model.

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Thanks. I thought for about a half second on getting the s model. Decided I didn't want to pay extra for their street legal stuff and the s model is slightly de-tuned according to the sales rep. They have several s models coming in, this is their only non s model they're receiving.

Vonski

nothing to see here...

Corban_White

http://www.husqvarna-motorcycles.com/en_gb/enduro/fe-501.html

No stock kick starter??
What do you do when your valves get worn, and your battery dies from cranking????

Carry one of these:
MS_XP3_clymb_460x500__39632.1405442765.1280.1280.jpg
http://shop.antigravitybatteries.com/micro-start-xp-3/
It really is good as it looks. I have one at work and my dad has one for his 'Berg. No kicker, below freezing temps, a big long track and deep snow necessitate a backup. I have started my 5.7 hemi several times with it. It is the real deal.

Congrats on the bike Caleb!

Last edited:

Caleb

Wow, beautiful! When's the first ride?

Thanks. Not sure, if weather holds out (I think it will) for the weekend, then it'll be this weekend. I'd like to get some new riding gear (helmet, gloves, goggles) before but I do still have my old stuff I could get by with for a ride to get it out :)

Caleb

I'd love to join you but I just got back from two weeks in Hawaii so I've got a lot of work to catch up on and we've got a maintenance this weekend I need to be around for.