Glockman's Rubi LJ

Updating the build thread after oh 7 years.

Specs
2006 Rubicon LJ
2003 5.3 LS
4l60E
NP241C with JB conversions SYE and 1310 flange
Novak Cable shifter.
Magnaflow exhaust
Swap details LS swap for the LJ

Teraflex lcg lift
Teraflex short front Upper control arms.
4" Teraflex springs
1" body lift and tummy tuck
Metal cloak track bars front and rear.
Teraflex Speed bumps Front and rear. Custom mounted in the frame on the rear. Details Here
Teraflex dual rate front sway bar.

Falcon TJ shocks
Currie Correctlync steering

37x12.50 R17 BFG KM2's on aluminum modular wheels.
1.25" Spidertrax wheel spacers

Factory lockers front and rear
4.88 gears
Chromoly shafts in the rear
RCV's up front
Teraflex HD diff cover on the front.
LCA skids

JCR Aluminum Hi lined fenders.
Currie front bumper with grill hoop
Warn 9.5Ti
Rear crusher corners (unknown brand)
Warn rock sliders.

Rigid 2x2 spots on Hella A pillar mounts
Amazon special LED headlights
LED tail lights -Tractor supply style
Sport cage

When I bought it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1360532065.388577.jpg

Current pic
20200830_161950.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Small rant. My LJ is basically a rolling Teraflex advertisement. I have thousands of dollars of TF parts and have been pretty happy with all of them. It's possible this is my last TF order.

I got the replacement ball joint box. They sent me one upper and one lower. Not a big deal, but I sent them the picture above which clearly shows what was missing. At least they err'd in my favor this time and I have a spare upper in theory.

Before I bought them, I called TF and asked if the JK ball joints fit WJ knuckles. They said no, which is wrong. The JK/WJ Spicer part # is the same. So I ordered the JK ball joints. Well, turns out they fit the knuckles and the JK lower fits the TJ inner C but the upper is too small for the TJ inner C. I called them this morning to see if they would sell me just the upper TJ ball joints, or trade my new in the box JK upper ball joints. No on both counts. I explained that I was swapping in WJ knuckles and needed 1/2 of each set. They said, ya that sucks, give us $650 for two sets if you want half of each, sorry not sorry. What a shitty way to treat customers. I'm not asking for custom built parts, just the parts you sell in 1/2 the quantity. Rant off. Now I'm figuring out if I should pull the JK lowers out and return them and just use Spicer parts or show my Utard side and be shady. The shady side is winning at the moment.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I got the UCA mount welded together and welded to the axle. The johnny joints are much better than the worn rubber bushings. At ride height the caster is at -4.4 degrees.
1000120636.jpg

Also got the sway bar mounts bent. My swag bender worked great even bending 3/8.

1000120635.jpg

I'm going to copy Carl and order some 1/2 x20 rod ends to screw directly onto the TF sway bar end link. That should put me at the correct length.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Small rant. My LJ is basically a rolling Teraflex advertisement. I have thousands of dollars of TF parts and have been pretty happy with all of them. It's possible this is my last TF order.

I got the replacement ball joint box. They sent me one upper and one lower. Not a big deal, but I sent them the picture above which clearly shows what was missing. At least they err'd in my favor this time and I have a spare upper in theory.

Before I bought them, I called TF and asked if the JK ball joints fit WJ knuckles. They said no, which is wrong. The JK/WJ Spicer part # is the same. So I ordered the JK ball joints. Well, turns out they fit the knuckles and the JK lower fits the TJ inner C but the upper is too small for the TJ inner C. I called them this morning to see if they would sell me just the upper TJ ball joints, or trade my new in the box JK upper ball joints. No on both counts. I explained that I was swapping in WJ knuckles and needed 1/2 of each set. They said, ya that sucks, give us $650 for two sets if you want half of each, sorry not sorry. What a shitty way to treat customers. I'm not asking for custom built parts, just the parts you sell in 1/2 the quantity. Rant off. Now I'm figuring out if I should pull the JK lowers out and return them and just use Spicer parts or show my Utard side and be shady. The shady side is winning at the moment.

Who'd you talk to? If it wasn't Jeremy, I'd call back and see what he says. Tell him how many Tera parts you've got on your LJ, mention RME. 😉

I get their point though, they'd be left with two unmatching sets if they did that.

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Who'd you talk to? If it wasn't Jeremy, I'd call back and see what he says. Tell him how many Tera parts you've got on your LJ, mention RME. 😉

I get their point though, they'd be left with two unmatching sets if they did that.
I have no idea who it was, just customer service. I'm pretty sure they are already missing one upper and one lower so they have an odd number in stock already;)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I can’t say for certain if it’s due to the changes that are happening over there but I’m hopeful that’s the case. I understand the whole wheelpros deal is really starting to get ugly and the OG teraflex peeps are not having a good time. Either way, that’s lame when a company you’ve supported so much doesn’t reciprocate.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member

There are so many people running the WJ setup, I don’t understand why they haven’t offered a ball joint set to support it.

SoopaHick

Certified Weld Judger
I can’t say for certain if it’s due to the changes that are happening over there but I’m hopeful that’s the case. I understand the whole wheelpros deal is really starting to get ugly and the OG teraflex peeps are not having a good time. Either way, that’s lame when a company you’ve supported so much doesn’t reciprocate.
Not new, when I thought I was having ballpoint issues a couple years ago I called asking the same thing if I could buy just half of each set. I didn't even speak to customer service, this was specifically a salesman that I was recommended to.
So it's not new. It's always been their policy.