Golden Spike trail camping?

Cherokeester

Hey, is it ok to camp along the Moab Golden Spike trail anywhere? Inquiring minds want to know, if so please state rules and regs if you could. Thanks mucho.

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Hey, is it ok to camp along the Golden Spike trail anywhere? Inquiring minds want to know, if so please state rules and regs if you could. Thanks mucho.

Open with the exception of within the small historical sites along the way. Some great info here:
http://www.expeditionutah.com/featured-trails/the-transcontinental-railroad/

"Camping Areas: This area is open to primitive camping throughout the BLM land. As this area is rather exposed, campsites with shelter from the desert winds are few and far in between."

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Oh, wait, I am thinking Golden Spike in Moab, however by coincidence I am planning a railroad trip too!

Doh! My bad... I didn't even think about the other Golden Spike. To my knowledge that is going to be BLM lands too but you would need to call the district to see if they have camping restrictions as they do along other trails in the area.

Bart

Not sure if it's legal, but I know of parties that had to camp there overnight because of breakage.