Golden Tyres

Caleb

In looking for which tire to go with, I came across a couple I hadn't heard of before but seem to be quite popular outside the US. Has anyone ran a Golden Tyre (216x to be exact)? I guess Graham Jarvis runs these in a gummy version and the guys that run them swear by them...even in the non-gummy version. I'll probably give them a shot on my next tire purchase.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
The guys in the northwest and Canada run a tire that sounds similar to this, and they're made out of rubber from an actual rubber tree. I can't remember what the brand was, but I'll find out and post it up.

Caleb

It could be this tire. The closest dealer is in Canada and I don't think they have any in the US currently.

B2-Bomber

last I heard, they were selling all of their old inventory from 2 years ago at rock-bottom pricing because they don't sell well. and old tires=bad tires

they are trying really hard to appeal to the supermoto racers. and are trying to resurrect the dead, and long-discontinued 16.5" front rim size because they have so much inventory left over that they need to sell.

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I had my hands on a Golden Tire the other night... the one I was playing with has rubber that is SUPER sticky and soft. It was like a drag car tire, you could grab a knob and twist it with EASE. It wouldn't last more than one or 2 rides, but the traction would be insane in the rocks while it lasted.

I think the tire Von is thinking about, that is natural rubber, is a MotoZ Tractionator... I have one on my 690 and it's super beefy, massive lugs and is supposed to last quite awhile.

Caleb

I've heard that about the gummy golden tyres, that you can twist the lugs by hand.

BTW, how do you like the MotoZ Tractionators? Back when I had my Husky, the guys on Cafe Husky were big in to them (they were quite new on the market at the time).

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've heard that about the gummy golden tyres, that you can twist the lugs by hand.

BTW, how do you like the MotoZ Tractionators? Back when I had my Husky, the guys on Cafe Husky were big in to them (they were quite new on the market at the time).

Only one ride with them is it was all road and I'm only running the MotoZ on the rear... I can't say much for that reason, but that tire is LOUD. It howls like a set of bias ply Super Swampers. I've heard the traction is questionable on wet pavement. Otherwise, it seems like a good tire for 80% dirt use... I should get 3-4k miles out of it, which is more than double that I got out of the TKC80 rear tire.