GoogleEarth KMZ/KML File Help

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
I have an exported GoogleEarth KMZ/KML file for an upcoming trip. It's a culmination of several different segments. I need to know the total length of the route but can't figure out a way to do so. Anyone able to help me out here?

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Ha :D

It's roughly 5,000 miles and some of my changes are pretty sweeping. I'm not really wanting to have to have a spreadsheet to accompany each map revision :D

LJENS

If you go to the places menu on left hand side (for me anyway) of the screen where it lists all the paths, placemarkers, and things you've added to the map, you should be able to right click on the path you want information on, go down to the bottom of the popup box and choose "properties". On the properties menu, there are 5 tabs, the furthest one to the right is the measurements tab, where you will conveniently find a distance measurement.

If the several segments don't stitch together, at least you'll only have to do some simple math.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Thanks LJENS, that at least confirms the fact I can't do it :D

Something is up with my routes as it will not let me do that. I'm using the built in route directions tool to come up with the segments and when one clicks on the properties... no measurements :(

Capture.JPG

Back to the drawing board, pun intended.

LJENS

I only have about (the last) 10 minutes experience with this, but it appears you can add an overlayed image into your current map as a path, which can then be measured. From past experience with picky programs, I'd guess the problem is a simple syntax error that doesn't have what you think are routes (or what the program likes to call paths), actually defined as paths. Try fiddling with that a bit before you throw the computer through the wall.

sixstringsteve

i know how to do it in trimble, but not in google earth. If I find some spare time today I may be able to import them to trimble then export them back to google earth.