GoPro Hero 2 Vs Hero 3

jentzschman

(Sorry if there is a thread about this already)

Ok, after a killer spill last week up AFC on my bike, I am really wanting a camera to captures these moments :rofl:

I have heard the H3's are awesome but the battery life is absolutely horrible. I would prefer to have have to keep changing battery packs out multiple times a trip (not to mention the cost of getting them and having to fish for them in the pack each time)

While I have never owned or used a GoPro, I am curious if it is worth getting the H3, either the black or silver, or to get a H2 for my first camera?

What are the benefits of the H3 (silver, as that is the one I would most likely get if I get a H3) over the H2?

I would be taking many still shots as well with it and I hear the H3 are far superior in that realm.

Thanks for any feed back

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
If you go with an H3 I would go with a black. The cost difference is basically what you would pay for the remote anyway, and you get more camera options. I don't know much about the 2's, shortly after I started looking at camera's the 3 came out.

Caleb

I'll be getting an H3 black. I'm sure the battery life is a little worse, but they are by far a way nicer camera.

sixstringsteve

The specs for the h3 silver is similar to the h2.

It's pretty much exactly the same camera (minus the size of the camera). I'd get a hero 2 unless you want the h3 black with the wifi to your phone option, but that'll be twice the price of a H2.

Read the reviews on amazon. There's a reason the H2 gets 4/5 stars, and the H3 gets 3/5.