Got my cage in today

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Well the weather was nice to me today since I played hooky from work. It's nice to be the boss :D Anyway While I was in Iraq I drew up a design for a full cage and had a friend of mine do the fab work. He shipped it to me and today I was able to asseble it and get it half installed. I still need to pull it out to finish welding it then it will be painted and dropped back in. Thanks go out to Rock4x Fabrication and Rockrat for a job well done on the fabrication. What do you think?

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

pic.php

Skyetone

Kinda crabby latley
Why did you even bother with the stock roll hoop?What is the horizontal kicker behind the seats for? Good design work, I woulda made it all nice DOM and scrapped any stock part, but thats me...

James K

NO, I'm always like this
Originally posted by Skyetone
What is the horizontal kicker behind the seats for? Good design work, I woulda made it all nice DOM and scrapped any stock part, but thats me...

I would say its a seatbelt/grab bar.

What is your cage made of Skye?

NC it looks killer nice work. I like the design of it too.

Caleb

are you done with it??? I think you need to add more triangulation to it...if you took a hard side hit it would lay over...samething front to back...the top looks great...I was thinking originally of doing something similar on mine but decided on going a much simpler route...looks good though...:p

S

sukaB

Looks good....Nice flow......

Looks like electroweld?
What size tube?
Wall thickness?

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
The tube is 1.5 inch HREW .120 wall The horizontal bar serves two purposes. First my 5 pt harnesses will be attached to it, second my kids can hang on when they want. My kids will also have 4pt harnesses and of course will wear bike helmets when we go wheeling.

Scott Yach really did a nice job on it. It went together really easy. I plan on running tube from the main hoop up to the front hoop sometime soon. I have been giving a lot of thought to it and will probably add a diagonal bar on the side in the rear portion as well. I have no doubt though that this cage will hold up in a roll.

Thanks for the compliments but Scott deserves the pat on the back. He made it happen.

What the heck is electroweld? :confused:

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Thanks! Here is a pic from the top. It looks crooked but It's not. I had to look at it myself after uploading this pic. I guess I was standing at an angle.

fb9f5c9d.jpg

NC Zuk

Bootylicious!!!
Originally posted by Vonski
I see the presence of RRO stuff, what is your name?

My Name is Art Lilley. I am on the Pirate bbs, ORC bbs, Zuwharrie bbs, and here of course. I use the same screen name on all of them. Why do you ask? :confused: