Grantsville City passes OHV ordinance

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
http://www.grantsvilleut.gov/CityCode.html

1. Clark, Durfee, and West Streets are open for OHV use.
2. Other city streets are open for use only if they are used to travel directly to Clark, Durfee, and West Streets or to travel directly to a private or public area open for OHV use.
3. Main Street (SR-138) and SR-112 are closed to OHV use. These roads may be crossed at right angles only after stopping and yielding to other vehicles before crossing.
4. OHV's may be driven on City Streets during daylight hours.
5. Persons 12 to 16 years of age may drive OHV's on City Streets if they posess a valid State OHV Education Certificate, wear approved headgear, and are accompanied and supervised by an adult on another OHV, within 300 feet.
6. Person's 16 years of age or older can use a valid drivers license in place of the State OHV Education Certificate.
7. OHV's must be properly registered and equipped.
8. Operators must obey all traffic and safety laws.

Coreshot

Resident Thread Killer
5. Persons 12 to 16 years of age may drive OHV's on City Streets if they posess a valid State OHV Education Certificate, wear approved headgear, and are accompanied and supervised by an adult on another OHV, within 300 feet.

This part surprises me, I would think that one would have to be of legal driving age to operate a motor vehicle on public streets.

muleskinner

This part surprises me, I would think that one would have to be of legal driving age to operate a motor vehicle on public streets.

I wondered the same thing. What about insurance if they have an accident with a car? I'll have to see what Beaver county does regarding this. I see ATV crossing signs all over out here.

:cool:

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
I was skimming over the city code and it mentioned state law concerning the lack of need for insurance. The other thing I discovered is that you are required to have a working head, tail, and stoplight.