Happy Veteran's Day guys

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
These guys (my grandfathers) are who I think about on Veterans Day. I should learn more about their predecessors as the more I learn the more I have found heritage involved in a LOT of American history.

Veterans day is a great day to reflect on those that have given us the ability to disagree on the internet. A lot of folks never came home. Both of my grandfathers served during WWII. I have two nephews that serve now. If you look through my family tree, I have people that served in WWI, the Civil War, 1812 and American Revolution. I have spent a lot of time reading of maneuvers, atrocities, tactics and machines of war. Harold Warren (pictured getting a medal he hated) spent a couple hours one day making me realize that I have NO IDEA what went through a young man's mind as an infantry man in Italy. David Bryson was a navigator on a B29. Had a lot of respect for that platform and told us he wasn't important to the operation of that machine. These are great men in my life. They weren't perfect at all. Much like a lot of the young people that served and do serve. Much respect to those who serve and those that have served.

1605149035958.png

1605149058695.png

UNSTUCK

But stuck more often.
We (my daughter) made my neighbors favorite cookies today then we took them over to him when I got home from work. Real nice guy but can go to a DARK place pretty quick when old memories come back. I was a bit nervous doing anything for him but still wanted to. It went well. I always enjoy being able to say “thank you for your service”.

Magerdgr

Have gun, will travel
These guys (my grandfathers) are who I think about on Veterans Day. I should learn more about their predecessors as the more I learn the more I have found heritage involved in a LOT of American history.

Veterans day is a great day to reflect on those that have given us the ability to disagree on the internet. A lot of folks never came home. Both of my grandfathers served during WWII. I have two nephews that serve now. If you look through my family tree, I have people that served in WWI, the Civil War, 1812 and American Revolution. I have spent a lot of time reading of maneuvers, atrocities, tactics and machines of war. Harold Warren (pictured getting a medal he hated) spent a couple hours one day making me realize that I have NO IDEA what went through a young man's mind as an infantry man in Italy. David Bryson was a navigator on a B29. Had a lot of respect for that platform and told us he wasn't important to the operation of that machine. These are great men in my life. They weren't perfect at all. Much like a lot of the young people that served and do serve. Much respect to those who serve and those that have served.

View attachment 132459

View attachment 132460
Couldn’t have said it better man! My grandfathers served almost identical to yours, one infantry in Italy and North Africa, one on B-24’s over Germany, France, and Belgium. My dad served two tours in Vietnam ‘67-‘68, and like you I have family that served in every war this country has been in. I’d encourage you to learn more, learn their stories, and share them. They earned that. 🇺🇸👍🏻🇺🇸
D0C184C4-8109-4511-BF02-DFAD543B61A2.jpeg773723D0-45AF-4913-8448-A7E7E4DE2649.jpeg6F31A277-EBAF-4679-BF0F-59B430F9F462.jpeg