hatred for jeeps? what is going one...

gijohn40

too poor to wheel... :(
Just read another article of a jeep involved in an accident with a fatality. http://www.ksl.com/?sid=34860050&nid=148&fm=most_popular&s_cid=popular-5
what is going on? I am starting to think I should stop driving my jeep for awhile... but then again all the drivers in the jeeps suffered far less injuries.

THe two kids from Hillcrest high that died where hit by one of our security guards fiance. THey totalled his jeep after it rolled and they had to cut the top off to get her and her child out.

blznnp

drove past that accident right before they had it all cleared out. still had tow truck, cop cars, fire trucks.... sad to see it and all the accidents involving Mountain View (and all in general). I see a ton of kids driving jeeps, and a lot of them think they can do whatever they want, but then again, I think thats just young drivers (not all, but a lot). I just notice the jeeps cause I see them so much and jeeps tend to stand out more.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
I don't want to sound insensitive, because my heart truly breaks for people in these situations.. But, this is the very reason we drive SUV's and trucks at my house (my work car is a car, but wife and kids don't get to ride in it). The drivers of the jeeps have been better off than those in the cars. There are so many people not paying attention that is is nearly impossible not to be involved in an accident at some point in life. Being in a larger vehicle feels like I am helping to protect my family if a wreck is to come. . We pay all kinds of 'insurances' in life.. One I have chosen to pay is the '12 miles per gallon vehicle insurance'.

blznnp

driving my truck I feel much safer like you say jeeper, my wife in the mini van, not as much. In my car, I have had some close calls and I know I most likely will not walk away from anything major in that thing since there really is no safety precautions in it. way to many people not paying attention or on their phones, either texting or calling they are distracted and not capable to multi task. Obviously texting you can't really, talking you can manage but way to many that can't. I have almost been taken out on mountain view multiply times by guys running red lights...that have been red for a long time. but at the speeds people drive, doesn't matter if its a suv or not. My sister in law was killed by a raged drunk guy a year ago, she was in a SUV, but a smaller one, hardly anyone would have survived that accident. just always have to pay attention to where other cars are at all times, including coming up to an intersection to see if everyone is stopped or how they are approaching their red light.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
driving my truck I feel much safer like you say jeeper, my wife in the mini van, not as much. In my car, I have had some close calls and I know I most likely will not walk away from anything major in that thing since there really is no safety precautions in it. way to many people not paying attention or on their phones, either texting or calling they are distracted and not capable to multi task. Obviously texting you can't really, talking you can manage but way to many that can't. I have almost been taken out on mountain view multiply times by guys running red lights...that have been red for a long time. but at the speeds people drive, doesn't matter if its a suv or not. My sister in law was killed by a raged drunk guy a year ago, she was in a SUV, but a smaller one, hardly anyone would have survived that accident. just always have to pay attention to where other cars are at all times, including coming up to an intersection to see if everyone is stopped or how they are approaching their red light.

Your SIL's accident really hit me hard. The emotions I went through, especially over some one I had never met, were insane. I raged with anger, prayed for peace, I felt helpless, and I wished for hope. It was because of her that I decided to drive full size cars. It might not have made much of a difference in her situation, but it might have.
However, had she been in the dodge, and had he been in a hyundai/subaru/etc, it would have made all the difference. My hope is that driving a little bigger vehicle will give my family a slight advantage if anything were to happen.