Have to say thanks...

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Have to say thanks to Ryan and Todd at Agility Customs, they swapped the engine in my 2012 Wrangler last week and did a great job. When I picked it up, they had washed it and also added an engine cover that I was missing when I bought it. The Jeep sounds better (engine rattled before), holds freeway speeds like it should and gets better MPG. The price was right, the work was perfect and the Jeep runs better than it ever has.

Long story, but the previous owner of my Wrangler left the air filter box open at some point, allowing the engine to inhale a significant amount of dust. The engine was having serious issues and wasn't going to last like it should. Last Summer I had a blown head gasket, took the Jeep to the dealer for a repair that they told me was under warranty. When they pulled the engine apart, they found red dust inside the intake, on the valves and the cylinder walls had almost zero cross hatch. All on an engine with 60k miles! The work was no longer under warranty, so I paid a hefty amount to put it back together with one new cylinder head. They recommended a completley new engine, of course! X-D

The replacement engine was sourced from Dixie 4Wheel Drive, they do a LOT of GM V8 swaps and had a few low-mile factory Jeep engines to choose from. I ended up with a very affordable 2015 engine with 18k miles. Ryan @ Agility Customs was already planning a trip to St George, so he worked with Dixie to pick up the engine on the weekend, which made it super easy for me!

While engine swaps aren't their usual work, they were willing to help. Agility Customs typically works on custom builds, killer fab work, gear installs, suspension upgrades, etc. They also have great prices on parts from TeraFlex, JCR, Currie, Rock Krawler, Raceline, Trail Ready and much more!

Find them in Sandy, UT or give them a call for your next project! 385-695-6836

i-R3WddDQ-XL.jpg

@Agility Customs

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
Crazy!

Thing seemed to run good at the dunes. Made mine look like a toad

Maybe Agility needs to put one in mine too???

Lol

I noticed the loss of power at 70+ MPH... it would drop out of 5th gear often. Seems to hold 5th better, now.

I had no problem flogging the engine at the dunes, because I knew that if I hurt it, I already had a back up plan! I dropped the Jeep off at Agility Customs the day after the Dunes trip... :rofl:

There were many times that the old engine was running past 5,500 RPM at the Dunes... and I saw engine temps high as 240*'s.

ChestonScout

opinions are like Jeeps..
I noticed the loss of power at 70+ MPH... it would drop out of 5th gear often. Seems to hold 5th better, now.

I had no problem flogging the engine at the dunes, because I knew that if I hurt it, I already had a back up plan! I dropped the Jeep off at Agility Customs the day after the Dunes trip... :rofl:

There were many times that the old engine was running past 5,500 RPM at the Dunes... and I saw engine temps high as 240*'s.
That’s awesome!

Ya mine hit 6000 a couple times. Never got that hot tho

I think I need to find a rubi T case