Having boots resoled?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
I just noticed one of my Alpinestars is loosing its sole. The boots are still in great shape.. I thought about glue but it doesn't seem like a permanent sole-ution (yeah that just happened :rofl:).

Do any of you guys have experience with having boots resoled? Know of a good cobbler? I'm not against shipping them off if need be.

Kevin B.

Not often wrong. Never quite right.
It's a long way from you, but we love Tony's Shoes And Repair out in Magna. It's an old dude with funny hours that just likes fixing boots, he's great.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I just noticed one of my Alpinestars is loosing its sole. The boots are still in great shape.. I thought about glue but it doesn't seem like a permanent sole-ution (yeah that just happened :rofl:).

Do any of you guys have experience with having boots resoled? Know of a good cobbler? I'm not against shipping them off if need be.

I have had THIS company resole a pair of Tech 10's for me and he did a great job. However, if you are interested in a new pair of Forma's I can probably get you into a new pair for incredible price right now. Forma is clearing out their inventory of '"15 model boots and they are wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy discounted right now.

Caleb

I have had THIS company resole a pair of Tech 10's for me and he did a great job. However, if you are interested in a new pair of Forma's I can probably get you into a new pair for incredible price right now. Forma is clearing out their inventory of '"15 model boots and they are wwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy discounted right now.

I'd go for the Forma's unless you are madly in love with your Aplinestars.

TJDukit

I.Y.A.A.Y.A.S.
My wife's grandpa Sam has been running his shoe store in Auburn NY since 1950 I always send mine back to him. He does do mine for free though so that probably has a big part in that. He is amazing though. His son Sammy actually now owns the store and Sam just comes to work just because he wants to. He actually walks a little over a mile every day each way and he's pushing 85 now I think.

He did an amazing job with my Viberg Smoke jumpers which have a double stitch sole which have proven challenging for most places I've taken them in the 20 years I've owned them. I've also had a few local Utah places fail where Sam was able to get the boot put back together and have it stay together.

http://www.gotosamsshoeservice.com/

Last edited:

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Thanks for the reply's everyone. Alpinestars have treated me good in the past (I've had plenty of boots that were worse) although I feel like the soles they're using are crap and have been for years now :-\

That said a new set of Forma's would be awesome. Gotta figure out how to approach the wife with that request--spent too much money lately :eek:

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
Thanks for the reply's everyone. Alpinestars have treated me good in the past (I've had plenty of boots that were worse) although I feel like the soles they're using are crap and have been for years now :-\

That said a new set of Forma's would be awesome. Gotta figure out how to approach the wife with that request--spent too much money lately :eek:

Check your PM

Vonski

nothing to see here...
For what its worth, I've liked my Alpinestars but am tired of tweeking or tearing off the steel tips. My next pair of boots will be the molded sole type. Looks like Forma has the Evo with such a sole and moderately priced. What are your thoughts/opinion of these Paul?

Toad

I know there is a guy on the highway kind of by Teds that does it out his back shop. I had replace the eyelets in my Red Wings a couple years ago. I looked at having my Red Wings resoled and it was almost as much as buying new ones. I can find that guys address if you need me to.

Caleb

Those are the ones I have Von, the Evo HPS. They're not a set of crossfires, but they are still quite nice and I can get 2-3 sets for what a pair of crossfires would cost. I love mine, I wouldn't hesitate to get another set if I ever wear mine out.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
For what its worth, I've liked my Alpinestars but am tired of tweeking or tearing off the steel tips. My next pair of boots will be the molded sole type. Looks like Forma has the Evo with such a sole and moderately priced. What are your thoughts/opinion of these Paul?

I don't have any experience with the EVO, but Jack has been wearing the Terrain TX this year and they have held up great. The biggest difference between the EVO and TX is the hinged ankle. Personally I like the hinged ankle over a solid ankle.

Caleb

I don't have any experience with the EVO, but Jack has been wearing the Terrain TX this year and they have held up great. The biggest difference between the EVO and TX is the hinged ankle. Personally I like the hinged ankle over a solid ankle.

Both myself and Tonkaman bought our EVO HPS from you :)