Hb 425=sweet!!!

Caleb

I'm curious as to why not. My buggy was registered as an OHV. As long as I put the required items on why couldn't I pay the additional fee to have it streetable (obviously not in SL County and the other restricted roads). I don't see where it would be excluded or not included.

Meat_

Banned
I'm curious as to why not. My buggy was registered as an OHV. As long as I put the required items on why couldn't I pay the additional fee to have it streetable (obviously not in SL County and the other restricted roads). I don't see where it would be excluded or not included.

I hope it's so, would make my life easier.

bobmed

- - - -
I sent in my e-mails but I don't think Rep. Biskupski will listen:ugh:

Recognitions and [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Affiliations[/FONT]: N.O.W., Utah Chapter, 1999; NASW, Utah Chapter, 2000; JEDI for Women, Utah Issues; Utah State DCED Homeless Committee, 2001; Equality Utah, 2002; YWCA of Salt Lake City, 2003; Salt Lake County Democrats, 2004; Utah Pride, 2006; National Conference for Community and Justice Advisory Board; YWCA; UPNet; NCCJ; Sierra Club; ACLU; SUWA; CO-OP America; HRC; Utah Pride

SAMI

Formerly Beardy McGee

well, i'm not 100% sure.. so there still might be hope?;)

-Jason

Caleb

this would be a life saver for many that dread the risk of getting caught during EJS getting back to their tow rig or back to camp.

For the meantime I say we keep this part on the DL :p This could be reason enough for them to shoot it down :(

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
I honestly do not think you guys with buggy problems are going to see a reprieve anytime soon. You guys need to go read the verbiage of bill because it clearly states width requirements in there and unless you guys cut your junk in half right down the center then you are SOL. I don't know where the type II thing goes but yeah...

420 Section 4. Section 41-22-2 is amended to read:
421 41-22-2. Definitions.
422 As used in this chapter:
423 (1) "Advisory council" means the Off-highway Vehicle Advisory Council appointed by
424 the Board of Parks and Recreation.
425 (2) "All-terrain type I vehicle" means any motor vehicle 52 inches or less in width,
426 having an unladen dry weight of 800 pounds or less, traveling on three or more low pressure
427 tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator, and designed for or capable of
428 travel over unimproved terrain.
429 (3) "All-terrain type II vehicle" means any other motor vehicle, not defined in
430 Subsection (2), (9), or (20), designed for or capable of travel over unimproved terrain. This
431 term does not include golf carts, any vehicle designed to carry a disabled person, any vehicle
432 not specifically designed for recreational use, or farm tractors as defined under Section
433 41-1a-102 .

phatfoto

Giver of bad advice
I am wondering where this bill stands in the Senate? Last I saw it had passed its first read in the Senate...

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
Apparently we've been quite successful. :D

Dear Land Use Activist,

We have an urgent request for you regarding H.B. 425 Substitute Street-legal All-terrain Vehicle Amendments -- Noel, M.

We appreciate the tremendous support for this bill. In fact the support has been so overwhelming that it may be counter-productive. In a quick discussion we just had with the Senate Majority Leader, Sen. Curtis Bramble, he expressed his support for the bill but asked that we not send anymore emails, as it has become a hindrance to him and his staff. I can’t believe I am asking this but PLEASE DO NOT SEND ANYMORE EMAILS TO OUR SENATE EMAIL ADDRESS ON HB 425. If you still wish to send a message to your senator please feel free to do so but make sure its to only your own senator and that you identify yourself as their constituent.

We believe HB 425 will be discussed late today or tomorrow on the senate floor we will update you on its progress. Thank you for all your support.

PLEASE FORWARD THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOU KNOW.

Sincerely,

Mike Swenson

Main: 801.465.1145
Fax: 801.465.6972
Toll Free: 800.944.UTAH (8824)
Email: info@usaall.org
www.usaall.org
Visit our website or call and JOIN TODAY!

To subscribe to our alerts send an email to subscribe@usaall.org unsubscribe or make changes send an email to unsubscribe@usaall.org

spencurai

Vanilla Gorilla
Yeah...it is important that you find your correct representative and bombard them thusly...the links I posted above should help you...we all know the governor is an avid ATV/Motorcycle rider so lets make sure he remembers that when he signs this bill into law because his computer crashed due to our e-mails!