Hello from Colorado...

ZappBranigan

Hi, everybody. I was referred over here from my other favorite board, the Colorado4x4.org board.

I've owned 4wd vehicles on and off for almost 30 years (my first 4x4 was a 1957 International Travelall!) and done a fair amount of 'wheeling over the years. However, I'm not a hardcore rock-crawler, for me having a 4wd vehicle means I can get to some very cool and remote places for camping, hiking, fishing, and just general exploring.

I'm not a complete stranger to Utah. Back in 1999 when I had a 1990 Montero, I attended the annual Montero Rally and ran most of Hole-in-the-rock (I didn't make it up Gray Mesa with my LSD-only, 235/75R15 and 5 speed LWB Monty.) Had a great time and really fell in love with the Red Rock country. More recently (2002) I explored other parts of SE Utah in my 2wd Ford Ranger (Arches NP and Zion NP.)

But I've got a 4wd vehicle again (see my sig) and am really looking forward to exploring parts of Utah I haven't seen before. Right now I've got plans to head that way right after the EJS (23-28 March are my vacation dates.) Would like to do White Rim but I've heard that reservations are hard to come by so I may have to bypass that one for now.

Anyway, looking forward to getting some good info from the old Utah hands here! :D