Hello! New guy on here, looking for fun.

Hello all! I've been lurking for a little bit now. I'm a Utah native but work has had me on both coasts and time around the world. I love the outdoors and cars. I've had several trucks and off road vehicles over the years but not really used them much.

I now have a couple mild rigs compared to what a lot of folks here probably have. It'll become apparent quickly I like cars that are a bit different then most.

2003 Quigley Chevy Express van. Build here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=12417

Its a fun ride and I enjoy being able to camp in it. But I used my brothers razor and a friends ranger and liked the small size. I decided I wanted something street legal with creature comforts. Found a track/kick 95 geo tracker and started a mild build on it.

So far I've been doing general maintenance as it is a 20 year old car. Just making sure everything works well. New tires and wheels (from a grand vitara) and after getting a quote to repaint a couple body panels I decided to paint the whole thing from white to red bedliner. I have skid plates front to rear, tube bumpers and rock sliders from trail tough. I think I'll do arb lockers front and rear. Maybe a small lift as well.

Any other tracker/sidekick folks on here?

I live in Davis county and also love cars. I have an older miata that has lots of work done and a lotus 7 kit car. I've done lots more auto racing then 4 wheeling. Just wanted to try something a little different for a while.

I'd love to do some local trail runs and hit all the big moab trails. At least as big as I can with the tracker on a mild build.

Hello again!

sixstringsteve

Man, you've got all my dream cars. A lotus 7! That's gotta be a riot.

I have a 4x4 van as well. It's no sportsmobile though. I've had 6 track/kicks, and 2 miatas too. I love those little rigs.

airmanwilliams

Welcome Steven! I have a 93 Sidekick. If you are up in the davis county you should get to know Lee at Family Auto in Bountiful. He is the Suzuki guru and can fix anything suzuki and actually anything else too. Lee has a Sidekick, Samurai, and either a vitara or an xl7 I cant be sure.

Attachments

• photo (9).JPG
    photo (9).JPG
    488.5 KB · Views: 4
Thanks for the warm greetings!

My van is no sportsmobile either but I've enjoyed building it myself. It was basically a blank slate when I got it. Had the two front seats and my dreams. Lots of time scouring the junkyards to do that build. And it still needs some finish work, but i think you'll find it is fully operational.

Thanks for the info on good mechanics who know the tracker! I like to do a lot of my own work but I'm willing to pay for big critical jobs.

Didn't i see that sidekick on ksl airmanwilliams? I was very tempted. But ended up going with the smaller one. I love convertible cars.

http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=28948

Here are a few pics of my tracker and if you like 7s sixstringsteve it's also the album for my 7 stalker kit. It is a blast, and I'm always happy to give rides. The stalker kit in my eye had all the best features for a 7. Mine has the "mild" supercharged v6. Around 300hp in a 1500lb car. Several owners are dropping souped up lsx's in their kits.

airmanwilliams

Didn't i see that sidekick on ksl airmanwilliams? I was very tempted. But ended up going with the smaller one. I love convertible cars.

Yes you did. I really would like to trade it for a stock xl7 or Vitara since we have 2 more kids coming. If I dont find someone to trade soon we may just buy one of those outright and swap all of my suspension, transfer case, flares, and everything else over.

I added some more pics here:
http://www471.pair.com/stalkerv/gallery2/main.php?g2_itemId=28948

No lift on the vehicle yet. Just checking the articulation. It climbs very well.

I'm using Grand Vitara 16x7 wheels with general grabber at2 tires. 235/70r16 size is roughly 29inch tires. They stuff with only a tiny bit of rubbing. Some of the pics show the rear wheels at max stuff. The fronts don't get as deep. Any advice on a small lift? I like the 2.5in offering from trail tough. But the Calming 3.5 EDSES seems like a cool option too. I don't really want to go much bigger on the tires for gearing and power sake.

I am loving the bedliner paint job and looks/function of the trail tough bumpers. I have the side bars to add as well.

For now I'll leave the carpet out. I coated the entire car with bedliner.

Still thinking arb lockers front and rear will make this thing an unstoppable climber. It's impressive now. Anyone want to help with a diff install? I've done lots on cars but haven't tackled that yet.

Thanks for any advice and help.

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
How do I add images?

I don't see the attachments options.

When you're writing your post, just above the box you're typing in there are a bunch of boxes and options, 'font', 'size', etc. Look for the one that looks like a little photo, it's on the bottom line about 3/4ths of the way across... click that and you can attach pics. :D

When you're writing your post, just above the box you're typing in there are a bunch of boxes and options, 'font', 'size', etc. Look for the one that looks like a little photo, it's on the bottom line about 3/4ths of the way across... click that and you can attach pics. :D

Full site vs mobile site. I was using my phone and the extra options aren't available. Mystery solved. Thanks for the help!

Presenting my "red rocket" some of the neighbors call it.

Attachments

• IMG_20151025_26125.jpg
    IMG_20151025_26125.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_20151025_38405.jpg
    IMG_20151025_38405.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20151025_49200.jpg
    IMG_20151025_49200.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_20151025_16949.jpg
    IMG_20151025_16949.jpg