Herriman Endurocross...June 9th

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
http://www.herrimancity.net/wp-documents/city_events/2012/HECPage.pdf

So who's going? Who's going to ride in it and who's going to atleast go check it out? I plan to go check it out, not sure how long I'll be able to stick around, I leave for a business trip that day.

I wanted to ride in it but I have my son enrolled in Shane Watts Dirtwise class that weekend in Price. Pretty much all of the states top desert racers are competing and local motocross & supercross racer Landen Powell.

sixstringsteve

ooh, both of those options sound awesome. Shane Watts in Price. Can't beat that. I think I'll be at the endurocross on the 9th.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
I wish I could be there to watch it. It will be interesting to see pro motocrosser Landon Powell against pro desert racer Dave Pearson.

Caleb

Yes, the Equestrian park is outdoors. I was hoping to make it but will be getting ready to get on a plane at that time. FWIW, the wind usually dies down in the evenings out here, but this wind has been going for a day and a half now so who knows.

sixstringsteve

I wussed out and stayed home. It was pretty windy and cold here, I could only imagine the same was happening in Herriman. Was it packed?

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
There was some great riding! totally worth seeing. I am seriously wanting to ride it next year. Are there any tracks around set up like this??

Vonski

nothing to see here...
I decided to run it as a last minute sign-up. I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't try it out (besides, I live 1/2 mile away from the arena).

I entered the beginner class and my qualifying heat went pretty well. My five laps went by without too many issues and only one crash. I came in 6th of the 14 in my group, qualifying foir the main.

I sucked pretty bad in the main. I had a poor start, laid the bike down a couple times, and the bike was cutting out due to a wet filter. Oh well, it was a good time.