Herzog

Status
Not open for further replies.

01XJ

where did ya ever come up with this name and what does it mean :confused: me and my dad belong to a model railroad club we went to the meeting tonight and we had a guest and he was a professional photagrapher of trains and as he was doing his slide show for us there was a train car with the name Herzog on it.It was not graffiti it was the actual name put on the train car by the railroad out of colorado.I saw this and emediatly thought of your name...i have never seen this name before till tonight so im just courious :D

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
:rofl:

Herzog always catches my eye when i am looking through loans and deeds at work, it is a very peculiar last name. where did the name originate? i have seen all kinds of Herzogs, but no Shane. i saw Hickeys go through though.

Caleb

I've gotten SPAM from a "Herzog, Shane" :D (I thought it was funny so I saved it for a little while, I'll see if I still have it) According to his email he didn't think I was "man enough" :rofl:

Caleb

here is one of them (not the original one I had but another :D)

To: Me
Date: Nov 2, 2005 10:00 AM
Subject: Men's Health
Reply | Reply to all | Forward | Print | Add sender to Contacts list | Trash this message | Report phishing | Show original | Message text garbled?
Tired of looking for quality online meddicatlons?
Get them at one of the best international online phartmacies.

Great variety of LEGAL products to meet all your needs:
Affordable pri$es
Secure payment system
Operative support
Fast worldwide shipplng
(buy 2 or more items and get shipplng for FREE!)

You will never find a better place! Make sure right now!
Here are your best remedies at affordable pri$es.

Vlaggra as low as $3.84
ClaIis as low as $5.67
Xanaks as low as $2.47
VaIium as low as $3.41
Traumaddol as low as $3.30
UItram as low as $3.33
Soomma as low as $0.88
Meridida as low as $2.48

Our phartmacy is LICENSED, verified by BBB and approved by VISA!

-Shane

Amy

Limited Supply Of Sanity
Herzog is German Royalty. I dont think that Shane has any royalty in his blood but that is what, I believe, his last name means.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
xj_punk said:
where did the name originate?

"A German title of nobility, equivalent to Latin dux or English duke."

Pronounced somewhat like: heartz' ohg, or something like that.

:)

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Barbie said:
Herzog is German Royalty. I dont think that Shane has any royalty in his blood but that is what, I believe, his last name means.

It's your last name now too. :p

way2nosty

it isn't actually a german name it is a common translation for voivode , but the etymology of Herzog is symetic hebrew - Jewish.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
way2nosty said:
it isn't actually a german name it is a common translation for voivode , but the etymology of Herzog is symetic hebrew - Jewish.

:-\

It's the German translation of voivode, which is Slavic
Same thing as translating Herzog from German to English, which is "Duke".

I've been told by my grandparents and my father where the name comes from and what it stands for.

And Jewish is a religion, not a race. :rolleyes:

way2nosty

Herzog said:
:-\

It's the German translation of voivode, which is Slavic
Same thing as translating Herzog from German to English, which is "Duke".

I've been told by my grandparents and my father where the name comes from and what it stands for.

And Jewish is a religion, not a race. :rolleyes:

Try again! you can be "jewish" as a religion, all the decendents of abraham are "Jews" as opposed to "gentiles" I have a really goot book on entymology which I flipped through.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
way2nosty said:
Try again! you can be "jewish" as a religion, all the decendents of abraham are "Jews" as opposed to "gentiles" I have a really goot book on entymology which I flipped through.

It's etymology.

And they are not definitions, "they're explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago."

way2nosty

Herzog said:
It's etymology.

And they are not definitions, "they're explanations of what our words meant and how they sounded 600 or 2,000 years ago."

Your name, your story -

So I can't spell

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
way2nosty said:
Your name, your story -

So I can't spell

Well... don't take it wrong. I'm looking into this.

So basically your book states that pretty much every race is traced back to either jewish or gentile? What happened before that?

Secondly, I believe that such biblical records are majorly flawed and are based upon relative perception. Therefor, subject to debate and never law, Jewish is a religion and not a race.

Since my knowledge of my last name only stems out to a dozen generations back in Germany (which as we all know wasn't always Germany, as well as we know that other countries were not always as they are), so I find it interesting to see how far back the name actually comes from.

If you have more information that isn't "Christian biased" I'd love to hear about it. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.