Jeep HI STEER / Cross over steering ???'s

iamsparticus

Take your Rig to the Edge
looks good to me, not sure if the gusset along the entire axle really makes sense but what are your other options or what are the plans to link it, radius arms, triangulated 4 link, long arm three link?

Last edited:

RockChucker

if you want high steer, you will need to get chevy flat top knuckles, and probably have them machined to accept high steer arms. if you are just going to go with a cross over set up, you can piece it together your self, or i know ruffstuff has a pretty good looking setup. what you decide to do on steering will also dictate what you are going to do track bar wise. if you go with a high steer, your trackbar will most likely be shorter, unless you are going with airshocks or coilovers. at which point you have more room to a longer trackbar in. good luck.

gorillaxj

Always building hardly wheeling
Looks good to me!

I used a mix of Ballistic fab and Rubicon Express brackets to keep it cheaper. I also made it all to the factory positions to keep replacement parts and "kits" still fit as there cheap and easy to find. I also used Chevy Flat top knuckles and just did cross over for now, On my Waggy D44 the steering is high enough to stay out of the way to where I don't worry about going full hy-steer (for now) But for your setup you may want it.

Here is my setup to look at if it helps. (first swap, don't hate to hard lol) http://www.cherokeeforum.com/f46/my-2000-xj-67081/
Bracket info on page 1 (with links, I think they still work)
Steering is on page 5

Seams to work very well for me, hope it helps.

Last edited: