Hobble Creek Single track

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Thanks,

So where is the best place to start the trail, I have looked a little, but not really sure where. Thanks!!

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
There are a couple places to start, the most common (and best) being Kirkmans hollow trailhead. The others in Hobblecreek are at the back of the Cherry campground trail 11 or Packards canyon. Kirkmans trailhead is up the right fork of hobble creek (~4.5 miles from the golf course).

Trail 12 takes you up to the ridge where you can take a right on 13 and come out Mapleton canyon or a left will take you down into Diamond Fork to the Sawmill hollow trailhead. From Sawmill, you can poach a few miles of asphalt/dirt up the sheep creek road to the waters and center trail(09).

Lots of good info here
http://www.bchu.com/Diamond Hobble Creek Trails part 1. pdf.pdf

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
This is great info, being a major Holiday weekend, any thoughts on how busy this trail might be? Is it typically used a lot?

Thanks!

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
This is great info, being a major Holiday weekend, any thoughts on how busy this trail might be? Is it typically used a lot?

Thanks!
Hobble Creek does not get as much use as AF Canyon, but I am sure there will be a fair amount of traffic on a holiday weekend.

rholbrook

AF will be nuts this weekend without much parking at Tibble Fork. When I go up Hobble Creek, I go up past the golf course and there is a trailhead parking lot on the right hand side just past where people shoot on the left hand side. Not familiar with the name of it. I usually go up that trail and then go down Saw Mill to the camp ground there which is in Diamond Fork I believe. Chad is probably the man on this

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
I've worn my share of tires out in that canyon.

It will probably be pretty busy Saturday but like Paul and Russ said, not anything like AF. I live 12 miles from Tibble Fork and you couldn't pay me to ride that canyon on Saturday of a holiday weekend. Not sure if tibble being closed will be better or worse.

If you want to avoid the crowds, ride the waters and center trail (09). There is so many miles of singletrack in that section there could be 100 people riding it and you would hardly see anyone.

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you want to avoid the crowds, ride the waters and center trail (09). There is so many miles of singletrack in that section there could be 100 people riding it and you would hardly see anyone.
This is a great alternative. Lots of fun riding on those trails. Parking at the Tucker rest area and access it from there is my favorite way to ride it.

Shawn

Just Hanging Out
Thanks for all the info, we will be riding on Sunday, not that, that makes a difference due to the weekend. I know where the diamond fork turn off is in Spanish fork, but where is the Tucker rest area?

glockman

I hate Jeep trucks
Just up highway 6 about half way between the diamond fork turn and soldier summit. It's the train rest stop.

How do you access the water trails from there Paul? Out the back of the rest stop or the dirt road on the west side of the parking lot?