Hog canyon Editorial......:D

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
http://www.sltrib.com/opinion/ci_2951238

Hog Canyon blues

I do not believe The Tribune's Aug. 13 article concerning the BLM emergency closures in Hog Canyon, near Kanab, was a fair representation of what actually happened.
The Canyon Country 4x4 Club has for years been working with BLM and Utah Parks and Recreation to put together a multiple-use trail system in Hog Canyon. The area was open to off-road travel, but concerned citizens realized that in order to keep the area open to the public and protect the asset, a trail system needed to be designated and driving off established trails curtailed.
What was the Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance's role in this? None, until the project was about to be realized, and then they stepped in only to create conflict and controversy. They have managed to delay the process, allowing more damage than otherwise would have occurred. As the situation now stands with the emergency order in place, the Canyon Country 4x4 Club will be able to to continue to sign the routes and mitigate damage that has been done.
SUWA attorney Steve Bloch asserts, “To the best of our knowledge the [Color Country 4-Wheelers] were some of the culprits.”
I have never heard of the Color Country 4-Wheelers, and apparently that is the best of Steve Bloch's knowledge on the matter.

Don Black
Kanab

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Just FYI I believe the "color county 4 wheelers" are based out of Cedar City.

They used to host a Memorial day run a couple of years ago.
Great Group of folks...