Holley Carb problem

tj0llll0

I have a friend that has a Holley carb 380 double pumper. After he starts up his Jeep, it runs ifne for about a minute, then gas shoots out of what I think is a vent tube, and starts run rough. any ideas what it is/ should be done to fix?

thanks
John in Vegas

AINT SKEERED

Balls to the Walls
tj0llll0 said:
I have a friend that has a Holley carb 380 double pumper. After he starts up his Jeep, it runs ifne for about a minute, then gas shoots out of what I think is a vent tube, and starts run rough. any ideas what it is/ should be done to fix?

thanks
John in Vegas

Floats/needles. It runs fine until the bowl fills up, then it overflows and doesnt run right. Im in a hurry somebody else should be able to explain it better.

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
You need to replace the float needle or adjust the float level. Unless you messed with the float level, my guess is the float needle is shot.

SundancKid

Where's the "e"?
LOL, or if the float is the plastic variety it could be fuel soaked and no longer floats at the correct height. Or if the float is the brass vareity it could have a hole in a solder joint and filled with fuel.

78mitsu

more then likely on an older carb, the float rusts through and fills with fuel leaving the seat open. take the carb off and tear into the fload bowl and see if it's full of fuel if not, replace the needle and seat as a set.

tj0llll0

Thanks. He said the guy he got it from just rebuilt it. He took it apart to check fordirt and found none. I told him to check the needle and the float.
Thanks again

John in Vegas