Honda techs?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Ok part of me says this should go in tech talk but its my wife's van and not her wheeler so I am thinking here is a better place.

2006 Honda odyssey power everything 77k miles. Will not start. It has over 12volts at the battery, started silinoid and ignition wire when you hit the key.

All fuses are good, power doors, radio etc all still work fine.

It there a security something I am missing or a relay that could be bad? At this point I am open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance,

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Does it click when you try to turn it? Does the started spin? Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you open the switcH?

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
The security key lights up then goes off, like normal.

It doesn't crank at all, it doesn't even click when to try to turn it over.

I have polished the positive and negative cables and posts

I am thinking I need to hook it up to a OBD scanner to see what it's saying. Anyone in the south Jordan area with one or is the loaners from autozone good enough?

Thanks for the ideas!

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
The loaners from autozone will be good. Have you tried to pull the ECU fuse for about a min to let it reset and try again? Is the transmission in 'Park'? Does this one have a master relay switch? If it does if would likely be under the hood fuse box and its one of the boxy fuses. I've blown one and it made this issue in my Honda also.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Headed to autozone first thing. They open at 7:30. I figure I will see if it is throwing a code. Then play more from there. Good call on resetting the ECM.

sawtooth4x4

Totally Awesome
could be a dead cell in the battery.

just happened to my Range Rover. everything was at full charge, but there wasn't enough juice to turn it over. I bought a new battery and it fired right up.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
I agree with sawtooth also, a buddy of mine's RSX appeared to have a good battery but it wouldn't fire up. We jumped it with my car and it started up. After replacing the battery it was good again.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
Yep, tried jumping it. No go. That was the first thing.

Pulled the yellow top out of the scrambler, put it in, and still nothing.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I really appreciate it. It is great to bounce ideas off of a couple of people.

Jinx

when in doubt, upgrade!
There are a few Odyssey forums out there. I fixed a friend's Odyssey a while back and was able to get the diagnosis from one of the forums

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

yep found some good info on a odyssey forum.

It was surprising what you can find between "detailing tricks" and "kid safety"

it turned out, so far, to be the starter. Which kind bugs because I had it tested Friday night and it seemed to work fine. I am guess it had a dead spot.