Hope this turns out...

DAA

I know exactly nothing about canvas prints. I'm not totally sure I have ever even seen one, to be honest. But I went ahead and orderd one anyway. An 18x24 of this picture I made of my Son on the north rim of the Grand Canyon earlier this year.

LGA-GC2-1024.jpg

It's an expensive print, $55. Sure hope it turns out!

- DAA

NoTrax

New Wheels Big Trax
$55 dollars is a drop in the bucket for what you can spend to do it.. but when its something with your kid in it, worth every penny.

blznnp

My wife has done a few canvas prints of our family, they have turned out good, who did you use? That will look good. I'm sure the megapixle rating of a camera has one of the biggest influences when blowing the picture up, but I'm not a photographer, that's the wife's deal.

DAA

...who did you use?

Ordered it online from Costco. Won't be ready for like 5-10 business days. I've used them for a bunch of regular prints and enlargements, been pretty happy with the prints and the prices. This canvas thing is waaaaay more expensive than regular prints though. Hopefully it turns out okay. I'll know for sure in 5-10 business days :D.

- DAA

blznnp

I think we used Costco for our first two canvas's, they look good to me, for our last one my wife used someone else, a professional company she recommends for her clients

DAA

Yes - it turned out good! Put it this way, I've found quite a few people, friends, family, neighbors, just standing there in front of it looking into it. I figure anything that makes people stop and look for awhile must be okay.

- DAA

thefirstzukman

Finding Utah
Supporting Member
Where did you have it done Dave? I am thinking of having a very large canvas print done to hang in the house we just bought in Kanab. I want to make the decor fit the surroundings and I thought if I found a place to take a picture and just use it. Something like your picture minus your son.. Nothing against your son. I want to do something fairly large to cover the wall in the kitchen and art work that big can get expensive. (i'm out of work and cant afford expensive but I do have time and a nice camera)

DAA

I got this one done at Costco. Since that one, I've had about half a dozen more canvas prints done, all wildlife - I accidentally sold a few of them. I've used a couple other sources besides Costco now. But, so far, Costco has been the best quality. And I haven't found a lower price either - pretty hard to beat that! I'm the farthest thing from any kind of expert, obviously, since I just started messing with this stuff. But, so far, Costco is by far the best place I've found for canvas prints.

That said... I'm working on trying to get a local guy to do me a bunch of canvas prints loose, just rolled up, and then trying to do the frames and gallery wraps myself. To try and get my cost on them lower, to hopefully sell a few more.

- DAA