how about this wind!

sixstringsteve

It took out a 15' section of my fence. My neighbor lost about 60' of fencing. Anyone else have any casualties to this wind?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
Lewiston looks like a tornado passed through. My friend down the street came home to see his garage (wide enough to fit fours vehicles side by side) ripped off the foundation lying upside down in his back yard... Seriously.

clfrnacwby

Recovery Addict
It's a dust cloud out here - not very safe to go outside...I can hardly breathe. No real damage that I can see.

I Lean

Mbryson's hairdresser
Vendor
Trampoline went flying. :( I'll be buying some replacement frame sections and junk now. Also, my truck is ridiculously dirty. Looks like I drove through a mud puddle--just parked in my driveway, the mud came to me!

Cascadia

Undecided
My grandparents built their home about 1945 in Foothill. They planted a pine tree when they moved in. It has been growing ever since. This morning it was about 80' tall. Tonight it is only about 40. It's sad but better that it landed in their front yard rather than their house. Just last week they had a tree guy come out to look at it to make sure the roofs were strong enough for how big it is. He said the roots will never go anywhere. He was right. Only the top half is gone.

jeep-N-montero

Formerly black_ZJ
Seems like the south end of the valley got hit hard like we did 2 years ago December when most of my neighbors had trees and fences come down, sorry to hear about the damage.

rholbrook

I was coming down from the avenues tonight and saw a big tree on top of a Mazda 3. Bummer, it was a big tree too. I didnt see much going on in Kaysville and we always get the exciting stuff when it comes to wind.

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
So several people from my end of the valley left work early tonight (swing shift). One had a tree land on his garage, another had a couple trees knock down power lines. Several friends ended up with busted windshields and car windows. Rumor has it they evacuated at least one Lewiston city block because of power lines crashing to the ground. Gonna try to get some pics of my friends garage tomorrow... I still can't wrap my head around that one! :eek:

So far I haven't had any major damage. I didn't get home until 10pm though so I'm going to look out back in the morning---fingers crossed :ugh:

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
I thought the wind was bad at my house but was really only worried that the blossoms on my Prairie Fire Crab Apple were going to blow off before we had a chance to enjoy the color. Hope everyone here managed to not lose or damage their property.

sixstringsteve

man, sorry to hear about the damage in your neighborhood Andrew, that sucks. I need to check my shingles to make sure they're all still there.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I was seriously watching for a tornado to form in the middle of the valley on my way home from work. That was nuts. Super choppy hard wind. :eek:

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I was playing frogger and PAC-man with tumbleweeds on Mtn view corridor on the way home from work. That was fun

Houndoc

No damage to our place in Grantsville (although horses didn't get a full meal as their hay blew away.) Had an employee in Magna suffer some significant roof damage.