http://aluminum-weld.com WHO HAS HEARD OF IT?

B2-Bomber

I picked up some of this, and no-crap you can literally "weld" aluminum with a propane torch. You can even see the penetration on the back of the metal.

it's strong too.

clearly not the same as proper welding. but for trail fixes of non-ferrous metal? hell yes

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Watched the gent demo this as the Sportsmans Expo today, poked a hole in a soda can and proceeded to braze it closed with the rod. Pretty cool. I do wonder how it will hold up under pressure or vibration such as a cooling system or fuel tank.

MikeGyver

UtahWeld.com
I've got some of the durafix rod. I'd never use it as a substitute for tig welding. It's is good for brazing radiators and what not though... or if you accidentally poke a 1/2" hole in the bottom of your pop can...
It seems like it would be good for fixing rivit holes on small aluminum boats, but after using some I don't know if I'd even try that.

The prop repair video on their site sums it up pretty well. "It's not perfect but it'll do".

Last edited:

B2-Bomber

It'd take a lot of heat, This stuff seems to only work on thin stuff, that you can keep the heat in, I can't seem to make it work on anything thicker than about 1/8"

i might just need to get better at it.

Last edited: