Hypothetical situation: Constrictor

Vonski

nothing to see here...
Suppose someone was to climb the waterfall on Constrictor (entirely unassisted). Would a witness (or witnesses) be sufficient as proof, or would people expect to see video footage before being convinced? Would this person have the right to name the obstacle?

I was curious, and wanted to know what ya'll thought.

Discuss...

BlackSheep

baaaaaaaaaad to the bone
Supporting Member
Vonski X said:
Suppose someone was to climb the waterfall on Constrictor (entirely unassisted). Would a witness (or witnesses) be sufficient as proof, or would people expect to see video footage before being convinced?

depends on the credibility of the witnesses and the abiities (or assumed abilities) of the rig. For example, if Demon Jeep were to claim he climbed it in his TJ, how would that go over? For that matter, if I claimed to climb it in my TJ would you believe me? (I certainly wouldn't....:D)

Vonski X said:
Would this person have the right to name the obstacle?

It has come to be known as the Eagles nest, but I would think that the person should have a chance to offer up an alternate name (sub-name??) In rock climbing, usually a route goes un-named until someone completes it and they have the opportunity to name it. It looks like Constrictor has stuck, but for each individual obstacle there really isn't any 'official' names.

Hickey

Burn-barrel enthusiast
Supporting Member
BlackSheep said:
but for each individual obstacle there really isn't any 'official' names.
Yes there are. One of them is "Fang" (which looks more like "Root canal" nowadays) and another is called "Britney's Box" ;)

Last edited:

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
I've heard that it's already been climbed, by someone on here. There was a slight 'push' involved, but no winch or straps.

So... who climbed it?

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
I have heard several people claim to have witnessed unassisted climbs, and have heard one personally claim to have done it unassisted.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
The obstacle is already named...

It was only a matter of time before someone climbed in unassisted, but for those that were there in the start, they are two completely different obstacles...

The fall was at least 2' taller, you had to dodge the tree on the right and there was no "ramp" leading up to the obstacle...

Always the "Eagles Nest" (those that were there in the beginning know why ;))

:D

Bart

Hickey said:
I just wanna go ahead and eat my words. Bart owns the nest. ;) No video, plenty of witnesses.

It prolly wouldn't have happened had there not been such a supportive, encouraging crew around. :rofl: Reminded me of Potato Salad on Big Saturday.
Bart