I hate Craigslist Lowballers...

Greg

Make RME Rockcrawling Again!
Admin
Funny story... I had a pair of Flowmaster copies (FlowMonster by Holley) that cost $40/ea. They had maybe 20 miles on them, but I didn't care for the sound so they got removed.

Decided to list them for $80 (new cost) and I figured I'd be happy with $60 or so. Right off the bat I get 3 offers for $40 and the offers are simply the price they want to pay, no additional words, questions, or logic why they would only pay 50% of the price, etc. Kinda rude IMO.

So to give myself a little more negotiating room, I change the price to $100. Get a full price offer right away... make the deal and plan the pickup. Guy hands over a crisp $100 bill and was happy to get the mufflers! 😆

Anyone could have looked up the price just by searching the ad title. 🤷‍♂️

I usually try to price my items fairly, but hate the lowballer mentality (as this thread reinforces). I don't like that I need to price items higher than I normally would just to prempt the lowballers.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
I had a guy hit me with a $6k cash offer for the CJ. I just said thanks, but no thanks. He then can't resist the urge to tell me how overpriced it is because it leaks oil and doesn't have overdrive.

I mean, maybe it's overpriced, but site unseen how does he know? I then told him if he needed a 44 year old, lifted, locked freeway cruiser that he could swap a TH350 into it, and like opinions, they are cheap and everywhere.

I did notice that the picture does look like it leaks oil. It doesn't, but it's parked over where I had just changed the oil in my truck and accidentally made a mess.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
I had a guy hit me with a $6k cash offer for the CJ. I just said thanks, but no thanks. He then can't resist the urge to tell me how overpriced it is because it leaks oil and doesn't have overdrive.

I mean, maybe it's overpriced, but site unseen how does he know? I then told him if he needed a 44 year old, lifted, locked freeway cruiser that he could swap a TH350 into it, and like opinions, they are cheap and everywhere.

I did notice that the picture does look like it leaks oil. It doesn't, but it's parked over where I had just changed the oil in my truck and accidentally made a mess.
The urge for people to tell you why what your selling isn't worth the price your asking drives me nuts. A number of years ago I was selling a few old MacBook Airs I had. I don't remember how much I had them listed for, but the price was reasonable (seeing as I did sell them). Oh my god, the number of texts that I got from people who weren't even seemingly interested in them, but just wanted to tell me what an asshole I was for selling them at that price! And since I had two listings, I got the SAME people messaging me the same asinine shit twice. Mind blowing.