I Knew I Liked James May

Greg

I run a tight ship... wreck
Admin
That was a damn good episode! I'm honestly surprised the Suzuki did so well, even more surprised the Range Rover finished and saddened by the destruction of the FJ40. :(

GOAT

Back from the beyond
That was a damn good episode! I'm honestly surprised the Suzuki did so well, even more surprised the Range Rover finished and saddened by the destruction of the FJ40. :(

another great challenge!

hate to admit, but i agree with slow's choice of vehicles, and surprised by the RR as well. the fj had it coming:p

Greg

Admin
Might as well embed that episode here... :) I think they are in order. :D

[YOUTUBE]E8ROoNBuX04[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]bLtlSow-rEs[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mM5RruxKuQY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FEN8i3X9ai8[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FSSbK-uCBtw[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]GhwBx8ED1Ko[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]8Ek9BvqjlDY[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]6-6J7Sjj9JE[/YOUTUBE]

Greg

Admin
I think the US needs it's own version of Top Gear. I want to try the challenges they get to do! :hickey: And driving all those amazing cars, DAMN!!!

RockMonkey

Suddenly Enthusiastic
I think the US needs it's own version of Top Gear. I want to try the challenges they get to do! :hickey: And driving all those amazing cars, DAMN!!!

There was going to be a US version. Adam Carolla was going to host, among others. Not sure what happened. I can't see it being nearly as good. Jeremy Clarkson really makes the show.

Greg

Admin
There was going to be a US version. Adam Carolla was going to host, among others. Not sure what happened. I can't see it being nearly as good. Jeremy Clarkson really makes the show.

Ohh, that's right. I wonder what happened to it, time to do some searching! Jeremy does make the show... but I think Cody would make a good Jeremy. :D

*EDIT* Here's the Wiki for the US version of Top Gear- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_Gear_(U.S._TV_series)

jdub

Scrambler
Adam Carolla would deter me from watching it. Top Gear is one of my most favorite TV series. I couldn't wait to get off work and watch the rest! Bolivia and Chile seem like amazing places minus the coca.

GOAT

Back from the beyond
They're insane. The last thing I would do is put a lift and big tires on those old bags. If it were me, the suzuki would have gotten small MTs, lockers and whatever else happened to be broken repaired.

Then again, I would have also chosen a south american XJ:greg:

Such a great show!!

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Just finished watching the first 5 episodes, good stuff but extremely staged. Was really hoping they would be a little more realistic. None the less a fun tele show. Waiting for the others to download now :D

Of all the South America spec Cruiser to choose they pick a run of the mill 70's era gasser 40 series, no different than the ones we have here in the states.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
Crazy thing about that 3rd member explosion on the 40, I've seen nearly the same thing happen. Usually its because the nut on the back of the t-case wasn't staked correctly, wobbles loose, drum falls off, driveline pull-vaults into the ground, pinion breaks and the head of the pinion shoots through the diff. Same exact thing happened to a customer of mine that was flat towing his 40 to Moab. Didn't even know it had happened until he went to back the 40 into a parking stall at the hotel, the pinion locked right up. As I recall he remembered a 'pop' somewhere in Spanish Fork Canyon but everything towed OK. To think that rear axle could have locked up at any moment :eek:

Just finished watching the last one. Awesome. Still think way too much was staged :D