I wonder why they're having so much trouble getting substitute teachers?

TRD270

Emptying Pockets Again
Supporting Member
Yet many folks substitute everyday across the country. I routinely think everyone else thinks the same way I think. It is definitely not the case.

Agreed, just a poor way of communicating on my part that we are prioritizing paying people disproportionately in the wrong fields. Pay a teacher less than what the outrage mob thinks they should get paid for working in fast food. But totally okay with paying people millions to play political ball while shitting on the country that allows them to get paid that for playing a game. I hope one day the country will pull their heads out of their asses and prioritize money where it should actually go.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
My sister who has a teaching degree and is certified just took on a PE teacher job basically for fun. It pays like $15/hour. Oh and she’s a collegiate athlete too lol

johngottfredson

Threat Level Midnight
Agreed, just a poor way of communicating on my part that we are prioritizing paying people disproportionately in the wrong fields. Pay a teacher less than what the outrage mob thinks they should get paid for working in fast food. But totally okay with paying people millions to play political ball while shitting on the country that allows them to get paid that for playing a game. I hope one day the country will pull their heads out of their asses and prioritize money where it should actually go.
“The Outrage Mob.”

Most accurate description I’ve ever heard.

rholbrook

Back twenty years ago I was approached by WSU to teach an Accounting Systems class two nights a week, two hours each night for a semester. It paid $800/semester. They thought they were offering a ton of money. I told them Thanks but no thanks. At the time I was working at a CPA firm, they then approached a coworker of mine and he accepted, thought it would be fun. He used to bribe me to take a night or two. No way. Not worth my time. I feel bad for these teachers.

Spork

Tin Foil Hat Equipped
You know it’s bad when the highschoolers cars in the parking lot is a nice ride, and the teachers lot is full of shitboxes 😂

On the opposite hand I have seen that principals and district-administrators (their title escapes my thoughts at this moment) make an absurd amount of money. Like $650k annual +/-
My dad was a principal, maybe Cache/Ogden is a little behind the times but he didn't make anywhere close to that...

By the time he was principal he had 30+ years of teaching and had a masters so that also plays into $...

Last edited:

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
I know a couple principals that definitely aren't rolling in six figures
yea, anybody in the actual schools are not getting paid. All the money is at the board level and above. Like, TONS of money for all the "yes" men and women. How do they earn this? They play solitaire 4 hours a day and attend 1 meeting per month. Source: I worked at a regional tech center for K-12 ed and met a lot of these dillholes.

Stephen

Who Dares Wins
On the opposite hand I have seen that principals and district-administrators (their title escapes my thoughts at this moment) make an absurd amount of money. Like $650k annual +/-
My wife is a principal, and if you have a doctorate +10 years of seniority in the district you'll crack six figures and have the privilege of working 60 hours a week in a thankless job where both the people who work for you (teachers) and the people you work for (parents) hate you.

Cody

Random Quote Generator
Supporting Member
My wife is a principal, and if you have a doctorate +10 years of seniority in the district you'll crack six figures and have the privilege of working 60 hours a week in a thankless job where both the people who work for you (teachers) and the people you work for (parents) hate you.
Don't forget the students. The students hate them too.

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Don't forget the students. The students hate them too.

And the husbands of the school teachers who have to listen to all the backwards BS that comes from the top down…
The only thing administrators are good for is turning good teachers into good robots in an effort to get more funding.