Idle Issues

army88m(josh)

I have an 89 Jeep wrangler with the 2.5l in it....when it warms up regular driving temps and i am stopped or just sitting in the driveway and its idling the idle on it is super rough. i just replaced the motor because i know it had bad compression, that did not fix the issue put on new idle speed control motor, new distributor, all new plugs and wires and rotor and cap, new fuel filter,new air filter, new ignition module, new crank postion sensor, new tps and i have taken it to the dealer who did not have the plug to test the ecu but told me with everything that ive replaced, that was really all that was left to replace, so i did.....all of these things seemed to help the motor run longer and smoother before idling down so low that it just stalls itself out. i need some help any one have any ideas what else i could possibly be looking at to rid this jeep of it idle issues i feel like im chasing a ghost here and everything is new under the hood..... what else could it possibly be......this truck has stumped everyone who has worked on it and no one can figure it out...i used it for a daily driver before it stated having this issue, but now it just sitting here in my garage please help me out if you can think of anything??

Chevycrew

Dont trust all the new parts you have thrown at it unless they came off a working rig with no issues. I have been burned by bad parts right out of the box that acted exactly the same as the old part.