If you had to pick one bike out of them all what would it be?

anderson750

I'm working on it Rose
If you take dual sport riding out of the equation.......300xc hands down. I have ridden many different bikes and the 300 is the best all around bike for mountain single track, desert riding/racing and is a bike that can be very competative on a motocross track. When I did a motocross race last year I pulled the holeshot on 450's every moto.

Vonski

nothing to see here...
If you take dual sport riding out of the equation.......300xc hands down. I have ridden many different bikes and the 300 is the best all around bike for mountain single track, desert riding/racing and is a bike that can be very competative on a motocross track.

Yup, the 300 seems to be the swiss army knife of bikes (and I still haven't had the opportunity to ride one!). If dual sport was thrown in to the mix, then my pick would be the 450 or 500 XCW (or EXC) KTMs. Either would make great all-around bikes.

Jared

Formerly DeadEye J
Mine would be whatever the heck I could afford at the time. The ol' DRZ seems to fit that description rather well at about $2K.

Jared

pELYgroso

'Merica
KTM 300 XCW-e the wide range XC w/ electric start and a head/tail light from the factory. I feel like the bike I have now is the best equivalent in my price range. (94 WR250 2T)

Caleb

KTM 300 XCW-e the wide range XC w/ electric start and a head/tail light from the factory. I feel like the bike I have now is the best equivalent in my price range. (94 WR250 2T)

Just curious, but why the wide-ratio? Have you spent any time on one? Most guys I know that have or have had the XCW wish they had got the XC. The gearing is awkward on the XCW is what everyone says. So I was just wondering. I thought I wanted the XCW as well, but after having the XC, I don't think I'd have it any other way. That XC was perfectly geared for any kind of riding I wanted to do (tight single track or wide-open desert).

sixstringsteve

How do you like that wr250? How do they compare to the yz250?

I'll let Tyler answer with his thoughts, but i know he loves his. I've ridden both, but I'm no expert. The 2 stroke wr250s are awesome bikes. The new modern 300s are more advanced and have some sweet features, but the good old wr 250s rock. They're every bit as fast as a yz250. They come with a lighting coil and a wide ratio tsnsmissim which really smooths out the power. I think they may have a heavier flywheel too. They have tons of low end and can be really mellow if you don't want to get into it too much. They're cheap too. There are a few on ksl for less than $1000.

Last edited: