I'm new to KSL, is this normal, or a scam?

rustyoljeep

Soon to be Flinstoning it
So I'm selling a few things on KSL, and I'm a little thrown by this situation and not sure what to make of it so tell me if my gut is right or wrong.

I got a text from an out of state number, the guy is willing to pay full price and offered to mail me a cashier's check and said he would have his "mover" pick it up on his behalf once the payment is processed. Generally I'm a very trusting person, however I don't know how I feel about giving my address to someone on the internet in regards to an ad for approx. $560 of merchandise. It's not like their asking for my social or DL number, am I just being paranoid?

nnnnnate

Supporting Member
Cash with in person pickup. I don't usually give my address until they are "on their way" but will give general location of where I'm at. If I'm getting a real sketchy vibe I'll meet up in a public place.

frieed

Jeepless in Draper
Supporting Member
Google the exact words in the text and you'll get exact matches.
Sometimes accompanied by "out of country at the moment" "deployed overseas" or some such

rustyoljeep

Soon to be Flinstoning it
You guys are great. I figured it was fishy when I got the message "I'll give you an extra $50 to hold it for me" and "Thanks for responding" I knew it was too good to me true! Now, anyone looking for an xbox 360 and a load of games?

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Sometimes you can drag it out for fun. Maybe tell them someone local is offering you $50 extra in cash but if they are willing to pay an extra $100 you'll throw in some donuts for their time And you'll hold it for them.

sLcREX

Formerly Maldito X
Then when they think the deal is just about done tell them you just sold it because a nice prince from Nigeria just sent you double your asking price and you just shipped it out.