In your opinion, what's the best $1 fast food value item?

TurboMinivan

Still plays with cars
The scenario: you're out and about and you're hungry... but you're very short on cash. You've only got one dollar bill in your wallet, and if you go through your car's cup holder you might scrounge up six or seven pennies to cover sales tax, but that's it. Dollar Menu to the rescue!

Where do you go? And once you're there, which item do you order off the menu? Any restaurant is fair game, but your food item must sell for $1.00 or less (not including tax), and this must be the all day, every day regular price--no coupons, frequent diner cards, or other special discount tricks.

My vote is the Del Taco 1/2 pound bean & cheese burrito:

thumb_12lbbeancheeseburrito.jpg

You get a good helping of beans covered in cheddar cheese and your choice of red or green sauce (or both!). For a cheap burrito, I really like the taste of them... especially the cheese, which may have something to do with how it is shredded. (I know that sounds dumb, but I don't know why else their cheddar tastes better to me than the cheddar at, say Taco Bell.)

What do you think? What's the best dollar value out there?

Rot Box

Diesel and Dust
Supporting Member
For me it's a Mcdouble or spicy chicken (with ranch instead of mayo and a slice of tomato--sometimes its free) from Carl's Jr. Oh man that sounds good right now.....

zukijames

Tomorrow isn't it 3 crappy tacos for a dollar at del? With 1 pack of del inferno and 1 pack of del scorcho per taco , free water cup with free lemon slices and sugar packets , yup I'm kinda cheap.

if its not Tuesday I say carls jr spicy chicken