Indiglo Gauge replacement?

Nagrom

Has anyone ever put or know anything about putting indiglo gauges in a 96 or older Jeep cherokee? I put them in my Grand cherokee and had to take the needles off and ended up with only two working gauges afterwards! So to avoid replacing my entire gauge cluster again, I thought I might do a little more research this time. But the gauges in my XJ are so ugly it's worth the risk :ugh: !

bobdog

4x4 Addict!
There is a special tool to pull guage needles off. How hard did you have to pull the get the needles off? I have a tool but I can not remember where it was purchased. There must be places that calibrate guages that could remove your needles. I could do it but I am not around much these days.

Nagrom

bobdog said:
There is a special tool to pull guage needles off. How hard did you have to pull the get the needles off? I have a tool but I can not remember where it was purchased. There must be places that calibrate guages that could remove your needles. I could do it but I am not around much these days.
I was extremely careful, and used a panel popper. Where as my friend did his Ford Ranger, Yanked them out by hand and was pretty rough yet his work fine. It was almost like they had somthing that unwound when I pulled them out? I'm hoping that my cherokee will not be as tempremental as my Grand Cherokee was. I might just take it to a ricer shop and see what they say. I just was hoping to not have to deal with them :-\