injector cleaner

hoosier

mtn yot
So my daily beater is need of a good tune up but before I do that I would like to run 1 or 2 tanks of a GOOD injector fuel system cleaner. I have used a fair amount with no notice of a difference. So my question are all system cleaners created equal? I have used lucas, stp, and some $20 per bottle stuff. Is there one that is better than the others? I am willing to spend the money if its worth it. I don't really care for the manufacturer claims I am looking for true down to earth feelings on these things. any help would be awesome thanks in advance. Oh yes I forgot if it matters 98 mustang V6 5spd BONE STOCK driven about 25miles per day during the week

zmotorsports

Hardcore Gearhead
Vendor
The best injector cleaner I have used is made by BG Products called 44K. I have had a vehicle sitting in my shop while running that had a miss due to one injector not putting out a complete spray pattern(throttle body system) and while sitting there running the idle was noticeably getting smoother and the injector cleaned up. Granted, I have found this to work better on throttle body injectors than a multiport system but I still recommend the 44K for a system that needs immediate attention.

For routine use I use Chevron's Techron additive about every other service in my vehicles (approx. every 7-8k miles). It is much cheaper and only contains a small percentage of the main ingredient of the 44K.

Mike.

hoosier

mtn yot
i don't just running some to clean what little bit may be in there. It has a fair amount of miles so just trying to take care of it as I can