Interco TRXUS Mud-Terrain Radial Tire

ALF

SURE!?
Anyone run these tires before? good bad ugly? how would you compare them to the Firestone Destination MT's?

This has been asked a bunch since they came out on lots of differant forums. I've noticed a mixed responce each time, guys either love em or hate em. I have em on my DD and looking back I probably wouldn't buy them again. Pretty good price, and did alright off road but on road they aren't the best. Mine won't balance anymore (had 2 shops try) They suck in slippery conditions esp. ice. Overall I'd rate them descent.

MRJ

Just a user
I will never run an Interco product again, much less so on a street driven vehicle.

I had them on our 03 Discovery. They were about 18 months old, when they decided to come apart.

My wife and son (10 months old at the time) were on there way to her parents house in Logandale, NV. She was about 1 mile north of Mesquite and a 5" diameter chunk blew out from the passenger rear sidewall. All of this happened while she was travelling 75 MPH. When the tire blew it caused the vehicle to immediately turn to the left, she tried to slow down but this had an adverse effect (the highway patrol said she should have accelerated) thus causing the vehicle to roll one complete barrel roll followed by a complete end over end roll.

Enough of that rant. In the end my family was safe. I fully attribute this to the Design and build quality of our Land Rover.

So in my mind it is not worth the $200-300 you will save from buying these less expensive tires. Especially when you have to replace a $45000 vehicle.

The insurance company had a lab inspect the tire and no one can explain why it happened.

Jeeptj98

I run these Tires on my Dodge 2500 Daily Driver/Tow Rig. And I love them they have been great in the snow, ice, rain etc....They also seem to be wearing nicely and are pretty quiet for a mud terrain tire. Now I just want my tires on my Jeep Wrangler to Wear out now so I can switch them over to the Interco Trxus MT's....

lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
I have them on my Discovery,, I like them but they are a pain to balance. My next set of tires will be BFG Mud Terrains

Contagious

I have had really good luck with the TrXus MT on my wrangler. They're great in the mud, snow, sand, and did great in Moab... They are wearing really well and they balanced out pretty good. They're a lot quieter than other MTs I have had in the past.

They have done very well for me. I will most definitely be buying another set.

sbr

I had these on my tj and loved them on the road and on the rocks no complaints here. I would buy them again in a heart beat I have seen a set of them on a dodge 3/4 ton diesel with 40 thousand miles on them and still looked ok .

Devel

Just an Outlaw....
Well i found some maxxis bighorns on ebay for a way good price so i think im just going to go with those instead. thanks for all the comments:greg: