Interior Secretary Salazar to attend land meeting in Utah

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
It's not mentioned in the article (I wonder why... :rolleyes:) but the meeting is at 10:00 AM Monday at the Capitol

So who's gonna be there!? Let's do this!

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=10486101

April 22nd, 2010 @ 4:26pm
By Richard Piatt

SALT LAKE CITY -- Interior Secretary Ken Salazar will visit Utah. It's not often that a secretary of the interior takes on a visit like this, and especially now, in a strong anti-federal government climate.

Gov. Gary Herbert made the announcement Thursday morning. Herbert says Salazar will attend Monday's Balanced Resource Council meeting -- that's a diverse group concerned with public land policy, water and air quality.

There are specific concerns about public land use. For example, the sharp differences over permits for drilling, ongoing issues with access to wilderness areas and more.

When Salazar comes to Utah, he's sure to get an earful; but the governor says the dialogue will be healthy.

"I think it's indicative of the fact that we're looking for solutions and finding common ground, instead of the shrill rhetoric and animus that's been built up over time," Herbert said. "I think that's counterproductive."

"He'll hear the Utah point of view," said Ted Wilson, chairman of the Balanced Resource Council. "It may not be comfortable for him in every way, but he'll hear it. We'll work diplomatically with him to achieve what we think is important, and that's what this meeting is all about."

In addition to Wilson, other members of the Balanced Resource Council include Rep. Mike Noel, R-Kanab, and San Juan County commissioner Lynn Stevens; both are outspoken advocates for states' rights and could hit Salazar up with some sharp questions.

The public is also invited to the meeting. Environmental groups like the Sierra Club and Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance are expected to round out the meeting with Salazar as well.

Bobzilla

Good luck Utah, I was born and raised in Utah, it is a cool place, watch Colorado's Ken Salazar very closely he is one of Obama's cronnie's,

Thanks to Ken Salazar the West Slope of Colorado has lost hundreds of jobs in the energy business, drilling & natural gas etc.. our economy and foreclosure rates are at all time high.

Ken Salazar's cousin Colorado Congressman John Salazar is in some trouble with his re-election bid over yes vote on Obamacare and major job losses on the Western Slope etc..

I hope he isn't allowed to spread more regulations & unemployment onto the state of Utah like he has done in Colorado & Wyoming, Thanks to Salazar most of the company's on the West Slope had to move business to Pennsylvania

Interesting that Ken Salazar was asked to run for Governor of the state of Colorado, but Salazar refused.Our Democratic Governor Ridder has opted to drop out of the November race, because he has also caused more regulations major job losses, higher taxes.

Good luck to my family that lives in SLC, Ogden and san Pete County. and good luck to Utah!!!

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
Should be interesting with SUckWA and the Sierra Chub attending...:rolleyes:

I hope something productive comes from it. I'll cross my fingers.:ugh:

Bear T

Tacoma free since '93
If the public is invited to attend, why no announcement of the date/time/location?

I know that the U4 and probably USA-All and BRC would like to be there.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Reports that I heard were that it was a pre-screened & scripted meeting. Pre-selected questions and everything. Just a dog & pony show and nothing more. Basically our wonderful Hollywood-like government at work.

Wonderful BS.