lenny

formerly known as PokeyYJ
Anyone had any experience with one?
P0003879.jpg

Medsker

2024 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 392
Hickey said:
" Is it a Sledgehammer?"

So I googled sledgehammer and all I got was Peter Gabriels lyrics, so I added Suzuki Sidekick and all I got was people hitting them with sledgehammers. Where can we get info about this sledgehammer to make an informed decision about the original question, not that I would probably own one, not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

sixstringsteve

sidekick

Yes, the sidekicks/trackers (99% the same car) are great trail rigs. they are independent front suspension, but you can run 31's without problems of breaking axles. there are tons of upgrades for them, depending on how far you want to go. i have a tracker with the same lift as in the above pic, and it does really well. it's still a daily driver, and i still get 24 mpg with 31's. it actually handles better with the lift. it's not going to win any competitions, but for a light, fun, cheap weekend warrior rig, they're great, easy to get parts for, and you'll fall in love with your car. ask any sidekick owner. also, check out www.zukiworld.com to learn more than you ever wanted about kick/trackers.

Samuraiman

Sand Pile
Almost a samurai

They are awesome little rigs. Bout the same thing as a samurai just they have all the comfort and nice ride. Plenty of power etc.. Tons of upgrades and pretty economical. I put a few post up on em they do Really good for a daily driver and are great for poking around the backcountry, but wouldnt' think of one for serious bash and thrash wheeling that so many people like.
the other thread

http://www.rockymountainextreme.com/showthread.php?t=24723

fatwreck

A friend of mine has one. It's on 37" iroks now. I love it. :D

He had a tough time convincing the 4 little squirrels to get off the butts and spin those tires on the exit to one of the harder trails out here......but other than that it works great.

IMG_6084.jpg

Edit: found a picture on 37s during that climb:

IMG_0251.JPG