It's not every day someone wants to give you a trailer

rholbrook

I was told to come pick this up and I can have it
image.jpeg
It needs the deck replaced, wiring redone, paint, tires and bearing gone through. It has 3500 lb axles with brakes on one axle

If with all that work, last time I checked, free was free. I almost have the wiring done I still have to pull the brake wire and finish soldering a set of market lights and then heat up the shrink tuning. I hate trailer tires so I will put some LT radials on it balance them. Treated lumber, packs the bearings and rattle can it

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    774.5 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

jeeper

I live my life 1 dumpster at a time
Good score. I'll give you TRIPPLE your purchase price for it!

I'd skip the treated lumber, and just seal some Douglas fir.. Treated weighs a lot more, cutting into your carrying weight.

Let me know if I can help!

Gravy

Ant Anstead of Dirtbikes
Supporting Member
Do yourself a favor don't use spray paint and get your boy on it with a wire wheel on an angle grinder then brush on Rustoleum rusty metal primer then Rustoleum enamel.
Skip the treated lumber and go Douglass fir or pine and boiled linseed oil.

bryson

RME Resident Ninja
Supporting Member
I re decked mine with treated. I second what has been said. Skip it. Also, I took mine to http://www.manta.com/c/mm6smch/shawn-enterprises-inc and had it blasted, primed and painted. They charged me $100 for each step. Totally worth the money. That was 3 years ago and it still looks awesome.

That sounds like a great price! I'd have paid double that when I was cleaning up/painting my old trailer...

rholbrook

Got around to painting this trailer. Looks great with the Rustoleum Hammered Black Paint. Actually, my two boys painted it while I cleaned and oiled the air filters on four motorcycles. Next it will be the decking when I get around to it. My next month is crazy. I may be headed to Telluride the middle of August and if I do, I will have to finish it so I can haul the JKU down