It's that time of year again

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Easter Jeep Safari is just around the corner, March 31 - April 8, 2007. And I just wanted to remind everyone that the exclusive and one-way use stipulations granted to the Red Rock 4-Wheelers by the BLM on our 5-year permit will be in effect this year also.

I understand this is a controversial decision, but love it or hate, it's the rules we'll have to abide by. Along those same lines please understand and spread the word, INFRINGEMENT UPON THESE STIPULATIONS WILL BE A TICKETABLE OFFENSE! The Moab Field Office has registered these stipulations with the Federal Registry, so anyone found violating the stipulations can and will be ticketed by local law enforcement.

I am not looking to start an argument about whether you agree with this or not, I'm just telling you the way it is.

The BLM has set up a website which should help answer most peoples questions:

http://www.blm.gov/utah/moab/4-wheel.html

You can also find more information at the RR4W web site:

http://rr4w.com/2006permit.html

Just to reiterate,

Exclusive use trails:
Behind the Rocks
Cliff Hanger
Gold Bar Rim
Golden Spike
Moab Rim
Poison Spider
Pritchett Canyon

One-way trails:
Steelbender: this route will be one way going north to south (i.e., from the golf course entrance to Flat Pass)
Kane Creek: this route will be one way going north to south (i.e. from the Hurrah Pass turnoff to the end of the road at U.S. Highway 191
Hell’s Revenge: this route will be one way going east to west (i.e. from past the Sand Flats booth to the exit west of Lion’s Back)

Thank you for your support and consideration,

David Adams
Red Rock 4-Wheelers Land Use Officer

mbryson

.......a few dollars more
Supporting Member
I appreciate all of RR4W work. Thanks for the notify and everything else you guys do! I hope everyone can respect the schedule and I hope anyone that doesn't gets to give a contribution to the govt.

Herzog

somewhat damaged
Admin
Me and my family be running with RR4W 2 days out of the week, but other than that we will definately avoid the scheduled trails just out of courtesy to those who have signed up on those days. :)

It's too bad that it has come down to setting rules for this. Some people have just lost that sense of courtesy out there.

Rusted

Let's Ride!
Supporting Member
Thanks for posting this info. From working with the BLM on the clean up project for the post - Easter week, I know that the BLM has been concerned about getting the word out about this. They are being proactive where they can (including boards like RME) so that people don't get suprised when they do get to Moab. I think that this is a good example of the BLM working with the off-road groups to get the word out. Thanks Greenjeep and the RR4W for helping get the word out too.

cruiseroutfit

Cruizah!
Vendor
WHAT??? how did the U4WDA let this happen???

Oh wait, that was last year... :p

Thanks for all the hard work down there Dave, RR4W & MFFW!!! :cool:

Crinco

Man, the Mods are all over this one too :)ugh:), must be serving donuts with this thread or something....

ha,ha,ha
CR
And thanks for the reminder. I guess I was thinking this was a year long thing and not just for EJS.(?)

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
so the one way routes are still open to the public every day, but they are just one way. correct? just want to make that clear thanks

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
so the one way routes are still open to the public every day, but they are just one way. correct? just want to make that clear thanks
Yep that is correct. This means you must do the entire loop on Hells Revenge, you can't cut off the bypass and go up to the Hot Tubs; and you can't come in the back way (by Lions Back) to get to the Escalator quicker.

It's only for 1 week, and it WILL make it less crazy for everyone.

Thanks

greenjeep

Cause it's green, duh!
Yes, the trail will be open again as soon as the official run is finished, and yes they will be open like normal if we're not using it that day.

Dump bump and lions back are closed, permanently. Potato Salad Hill will be operated like it was last year. The sheriff's dept will be closing the entrance periodically to limit the number of people down there. I believe it will also be closed at dark each evening. Other than that, it's open.