Jeep Jeep Cherokee steering

Tebbsjeep

I need to replace my steering on my cherokee and I might as well upgrade. My jeep has 3-3.5in lift and probably won't go past that. 33x12.5 tires. I get maybe 10(1 day) actual wheeling trips in a year and I'm not that crazy of a driver. I have new knuckles to put on when I do my ball joints so now would be the time to drill or ream them out for bigger tie rod ends. The question is do I go with a kit like Currie has that is a beefier stock replacement, a kit like serious offroad where you ream out the knuckles for chevy 1-ton tie rods, or a drill out the knuckle and use heims, or lastly just keep it stock? Keep in mind that I don't have a welder or other tools to cut and make my own steering links. I can send out the knuckles somewhere to have those drilled/reamed. I would like a kit that for the most part is bolt on. What are your suggestions? I've got some good advice from a few people already, but I'm just looking for more input.

N-Smooth

Smooth Gang Founding Member
I would go with one ton tre's or heims. I bent the stock stuff too much to suggest it to anyone. I would say go with a rusty's style tie rod and use a stock draglink but I ended up bending my draglink with that setup as well.

Tebbsjeep

Is there anybody on here that is able to ream out my knuckles? Also with the Rusty's/jcr/serious offroad type systems or inverted T steering, there are a lot of reviews saying that there is a dead spot in the steering. Is this really all that common/that bad to deal with?