Jeep trailer plug enable

DaveB

Long Jeep Fan
Just picked up a 2017 Grand Cherokee and put a hitch in it for towing. I am now finding out that the factory trailer wiring and plug have to be enabled by the dealer. I did go online and found guys using a certain scanner and optional software to allow them to turn the function on but of course my two scanners aren't supported. I know they sell a kit that lets you tie into the rear tail lights but it isn't a cheap kit and I don't like the idea of adding a bunch of wires. Have any of you guys found a dealer that can do the enable but not charge an arm and a leg ?

STAG

DYKTMM?
Just picked up a 2017 Grand Cherokee and put a hitch in it for towing. I am now finding out that the factory trailer wiring and plug have to be enabled by the dealer. I did go online and found guys using a certain scanner and optional software to allow them to turn the function on but of course my two scanners aren't supported. I know they sell a kit that lets you tie into the rear tail lights but it isn't a cheap kit and I don't like the idea of adding a bunch of wires. Have any of you guys found a dealer that can do the enable but not charge an arm and a leg ?
I’m no help, but I was surprised to find that my H2 needs an additional fuse placed in a fuse slot that does not come with one placed from factory, in order for the trailer lights to work.

Additionally, I was surprised that my 2007 H2 made it all the way to 2024 without having one of those fuses installed. (It’s one of the weird square box fuses, not a regular blade fuse)